Fun Little Game Project! ^_^

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AVataRR, Dec 29, 2003.

1. AVataRR

Whell.. by the looks of things, this is the most appropriate place to show this off. Be nice to have a "digital works" showoff board like the car stuff showoff board. Also, a hi and hello to everyone here. :wavey: I thought I'd start using this account before the year ends ^_^. But anyway:

[​IMG]
    http://www.sheepsheet.com/_sheepysheet/stg001/stg001.htm

The title is of course a bit of a jab about how long Duke Nukem: Forever is taking. Latest rumours are it's been delayed till 2005. It's also an appropriate connection to the story which concearns a cult led by this girl named Eternity and eternal life. :wiggle:

Right now, I'm doing a few tweaks here and there. The programming is mostly done and I'm busy trudging through with the art side. If anyone would like to stand up and help, I'd love to hear from you. This art thing is really really challenging for me!

Anyhoo, there are 5 little demos on the site showing the progress of the development process. There's also a page of concept art with hand drawn scans and various production material. Hope y'all liike it :)

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

how are u dealing with the part of licencing the Duke Nukem name? i'd be curious to see how/what u did

3. AVataRR

it's a fan game, I'm sure they won't mind.
    they've never minded before.

4. TheDarkHorizon

TheDarkHorizon \xC0\xFF\xEE

What language is it written in?

5. AVataRR

I'm using an intigrated game development environment called Game Maker, which was written in Delphi. The scripting language (called GML) is purdy much a stripped down version of Delphi. So if you must put it down to one language, then I guess the answer is Delphi.

6. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

you mean pascal

7. AVataRR

it isn't as rigid as pascal.... but okay.