Fullsize Chevy Quadrasteer question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Surgie, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

Actually posting this for my uncle, he's going to get a new truck in the next few months, looking at the chevy's (of course :big grin: ). He's wanting quadrasteer but they don't offer it on the 2500s, so his options are either a 2500HD Quad Cab Duramax with no quadrasteer, or a 1500HD Quad Cab with the 6.0l & Quadrasteer system. He's worried about the turning radius on the 2500 and how hard its going to be to maneuver when he's towing his boat and other stuff (not towing too much, just on occassion, mostly gonna be used going hunting and such).

Just wanted y'alls opinion on what you would do and how the turning radius compares on the 1500hd w/ quadrasteer vs 2500hd without it. The power aspect isn't a huge concern since the engine isn't going to remain stock anyhow (Talking about a procharger s/c if he goes with the 6.0l), just wanting to know about how well they handle (for a large truck anyhow).

2. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

i saw something in a mag, dont remember what it was, but they said the steering radius was almost the same as a geo metro

3. Otto

Otto Who the hell do you think I am!?!?!?!

the turning radius is the same as a honda Accord, also is supposed to increase the stability and handling when pulling a trailer

im not totally sure he would need a 2500 diesel, my friend has one, great truck but you need some experience and luck to really move it around in tight spots because it is a very large/long truck

need to find out if he really needs the power of the 2500 duramax he can probally easily get by with the 1500HD unless the trailer is very very heavy, also the diesel is very expensive compared to gas