WEB Full Website Redesign

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Azazel28, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Hey everyone,

I have not been in this section in a few months, been extremely busy with clients and just life in general. However, I am back and I have completed updated our companies site, Webflo Studios with a new design, CMS, login system (for clients), and more.

We still have a "few" bugs and kinks to work out, however I am quite satisfied with the design, development, functionality, and traffic. Using google analytics I was able to take some information about my users on the site and found that all of our statistics have increase dramatically since the new design implementation. Everything from page visits, lower bounce rate, doubled the average time on the website and even saw our traffic increase by over 30 percent.

The new redesign has been live for almost two weeks, feel free to tell me your thoughts or dislikes...maybe your ideas will go towards another redesign we plan on doing early next year.

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

More pics of her?

[​IMG]

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

the copy on the site sucks

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Yeah, it's kind of amatuerish. :o

5. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

the text for "We are no ordinary web company" is really choppy looking. change fonts on that or something.

you have tons of different fonts all over the page. ive heard consistent fonts are usually a better idea.

the quality on a lot of the images is poor and it shows.

your content text has a very small line-height. increasing line-height can improve the readability, especially when you have large blocks.

6. Siamo

Siamo New Member

I am really not digging this design. A lot of the graphics seem like standard shapes with some layer styles attached.

As Seeders mentioned, stick with just one or two fonts, and be consistent.

Flash navigation = Bad. But if you must use it, at least stick a sitemap link somewhere. If someone doesn't have flash, I do believe they wont be able to access quite a few pages.

As for the logo, I quite like the shape, but not the colour. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the design.

Final gripe... What's with this image at the bottom? It is a completely different style to the rest of the design.

7. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

pretty much i wouldn't ask you to do work for me :o

8. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

cant read flo that well in the banner

9. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

We have three fonts throughout the site, Georgia/Century Gothic/Custom(which is the images).

The flash navigation is being updated because of the low image quality. However we have an alternative navigation to the flash already on the website. The one suggestion about line hight seems to be a possible change due to our demographic. The diamond pattern texture is going to also be present in the top strip of the site in order to bring the layout to a complete close. And lastly, our portfolio page is a place holder while we work on getting the action script to talk properly with the of the site.

Thanks for you input guys.

10. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

that's the first thing that sticks out to me, the line-height. the text blocks don't blend in at all.