TAT Full sleeve tatt idea, opinions?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by biomechmonster, Sep 9, 2007.

1. biomechmonster

biomechmonster Giger ftw

What do you guys think of this idea?

I want to sleeve out my arms eventually. Have a half sleeve on the right already...left is a blank canvas.

I've always loved Asian artwork and particularly love asian tattoos, ie koi, dragons, cherry blossoms. I know that in asian mythology, koi jump up waterfalls and when/if they reach the top of the waterfall, they become dragons.

BUT I was thinking instead of koi, having two oscars. Here's a pic example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why oscars? Fish are one of my major hobbies and the reason I met my husband. These two oscars above were beloved to me and I'll never forget them, for many reasons. I had the one with one eye put to sleep this past March and it was one of the hardest things I've had to do.

What do you think--would oscars work? I would have them done asian-style, too (in color). One oscar will have only one eye like my old fish.

Also I have a bit of a problem. I want the oscars on my upper arm then water/cherry blossoms then a dragon on my lower arm eventually. But a) I have skinny arms (I want the oscars on the upper part because they're more important to me than the dragon)...will this lose a lot of detail on the dragon and b) the myth traditionally would put the dragon on top then water then the fish but once again, I want the oscars on the upper arm--would it be stupid if it was reversed?

Thanks, sorry so long!

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I think it'd look fine with it reversed. Even with having skinny arms you can get a lot of detail in. You have to picture the dragon wrapping around your whole forearm. That's actually a lot of area you just dont realize it because your arm is curved.

3. AccessFlux

AccessFlux Dream Police

i think thats a rad idea! The Koi is an Idea done to death and 90% of the people that get it have no idea what it means. so your idea seems awesome - i look forward to seeing pictures!

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Wait, you can have fish put to sleep? How does that work?

Do oscars taste good?

5. Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher Active Member

I'll answer for her, you have to find a vet that deals with exotic pets first. The Oscar had a tumor, the vet first took a needle and withdrew fluid from it. Just by looking at the fluid he could tell it was cancerous :hs:. So she decided to have him put to sleep. Another injection and the fish just falls to sleep much like a cat/dog would.

As far as tasting good, I'm sure they do, people in the Amazon eat them.

6. Hellraiser M.D.

Hellraiser M.D. OT Supporter

sounds like a kick ass idea

7. Flac0

Flac0 Custom User Title

Sounds cool to me.

8. downbynature

downbynature New Member

Sounds good man. I've always been into the Asian art. Thinking about getting a water piece as a sleeve with Koi, some Lotus, maybe cherry blossoms. I already have a Koi on my left side so I plan on adding to that eventually too.
    as far as placement, do what you want man. Whatever works.

9. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

I think it would be fine. I have very skinny arms also and was able to get tons of detail in both arms. Like Almighty said more people dont realize how large your arm really is since it isnt flat.

10. biomechmonster

biomechmonster Giger ftw

Thanks guys, I think it will kick ass too....and I would love knowing those two fish are with me, always. I've been keeping tropical fish since 1989 and these two will always have a very special place in my heart...and I can't think of a better way to honor them.