A&P Fujichrome Velvia 100F

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by wtfmate, Apr 26, 2005.

1. wtfmate

wtfmate OT Resident mafia insider

I am going to europe in about a month and along with my 300D i am also bringing my Canon EOS3000 35mm, I plan on using Slide film and after reading few reviews I am thinking of fujichrome velvia 100f. What are the pros and cons of using slide film? Is it possible when developing to ask the the shop to have them put on CD aswell?

:hs:

2. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I think it is, when ever I shoot film I ask for the cd as well and I haven't had a problem yet.

3. hay112

hay112 For every sprinkle I find I shall kill you

if u can i would recommend original velvia 50

4. mojito

mojito New Member

velvia is great for landscapes and colorful objects, but crappy for skin tones. Provia 100 or 400 is the toned down version, still saturated colors but also decent for skin tones. astia 100 is the better choice for mainly skin tones and normal colors.

the film has to be developed by a lab capable of e-6 proccessing. walmart or taget or your drug store can't do it. its more expensive and you won't get prints, but the slides. anyone can scan them and put them on cd or print them for you. the colors can't be touched by normal color film.

www.pbase.com/coreypolis/santabarbara has a lot of provia shots that I took

5. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

yeah the velvia 50 is fanfuckingtastic film. quality is great. but with 50 i made sure I had the tripod handy and in some cases a cable release. i didnt hear anything good about 100, but i think they released a new velvia 100 thats supposedly better.

6. wtfmate

wtfmate OT Resident mafia insider

But whats this "no margin for error" i hear when using velvia or any slide film for that matter when it comes to exposure? Should I invest in some good light meter as well:?

7. mojito

mojito New Member

it means that you need to nail the exposure. if the exposure is over, than detail is lost, and quickly. the film looks better slightly underexposed to bring out the colors even more. slide film has the least tonal range of highlights and shadows, so understanding lighting and knowledge of balancing ambient with flash or using ND filters is key