A&P Fuji Cameras Comparison (S series)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by tamiyaDrifter, Jun 12, 2005.

1. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

I pretty much just broke my S5000 Z the other day when I spilled some coffee etc.. I can still use the camera (hair dryer+ let to dry for a few days) and all the buttons on it are now a bit harder to push etc, but I'm still considering an upgrade.

I'm looking at either the S7000Z or the S5500Z or the S20 Pro. Which of these cameras is better? I use the camera mostly for taking photos of cars in action (drift etc) at a track. I am usually taking photos from the sidelines so I require a decent zoom.

I have a 2X teleconversion lens(58mm to 62mm thread) and and a Polariser filter (55mm thread) and I use a adapter ring to fit the conversion lens to the camera. All the above cameras can fit my lens extensions on.

Which camera should I go for? I know the S20 Pro and S7000 have not got as much zoom as the S5500, but the S5500 has only 4MP as opposed to 6MP.

2. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

The S7000 and S20 Pro are essentially the same camera. The S5500 isn't a bad camera either but i'd stay with the 7000.

Have you thought about using a DSLR?

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I use the own the s7000, it worked just fine but I sold it and bought a 350D. One friend has the s5000 and another has the s5500. They work fine for them :dunno: I don't have anything bad to say about any of the cameras. You get what you pay for.

4. Ingen

Ingen New Member

S3 pro :noes: :p

5. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

I have decided on going for a minor upgrade at this point, as I am still learning how to take good photos. Plus the S20 Pro, S7000, S5000 and S5500 all use the same memory card, batteries, all have the same lens thread (recently bought a 2x tele conversion lens and a polariser). I know the S7000 has a manual zoom ring which is what I am looking for, however it lacks the zoom length.. only 6x. Can you fit other manufacturers lens kits onto the cameras? For example a Canon 75-300mm lens..

6. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

the manual zoom ring isn't all that great. it isn't as accurate as you probably expect. the problem with lens kits for not slr cameras is that they are designed wtih the camera in mind and aren't very universal. the threads may be the same but the optics normally don't match up.

7. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

Ah damn... oh well.. is the digital zoom any good then? :hsd: