A&P FUCKING WRITERS!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRGGHHH!!!!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by turbodude, Dec 12, 2008.

1. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

Sorry I have to fucking vent!

So as you knwo i am a staff photog for 944 mag. Well one of my assignments this month is a piece called "A Day in the life" Premise is set as a Diary page of 7 influential people in Las Vegas. Writer and photog are to follow these people around in their daily life. As you can tell from the premise is that Writer and Photg have to work closely together to collaborate photos to story. Well this fucking cunt hasnt shown up to anything. Im doing all the work, captioning all my photos based on what happened. So far i have 5 done and i need two more.

The writer has scheduling conflicts so i let her arrange the times to meet and etc. Well everything was goign ok, except for the bitch not showing up to any og them (which doesnt bother me too much, sinc eim there doing my job) But the last two are kinda gettign hard to get ahold of to setup a meet time. My editor asks me for a status report of whats goign on since deadline is the 15th. I explain we have 5 done and the last two are gettign a bit tricky to contact, i stated i spoke with the writer and she is having trouble contacting some of these folks, Editor calls writer, and FUCKING SAYS "Its been taken care of on my end they just need photos! I told him(referring to me) that" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was furious when i was told this, luckily the editor knows how organized and structured i am, and tells her that doesnt sound like him at all. I call this fucking cunt and she says i told you yesterday we just need to get photos done (NO FUCKING Shit), i told her thats obvious but we need a time and a date. She says they havent gotten back to me yet. I was like no shit, so you shouldnt tell our editor the shit is sewn up until we have appts and have everything planned out. And she proceeds to tell me, if it doesnt get done it doesnt get done and its the featured peoples fault for not getting back to us!

WTF Where do people go to school and learn this shit. YOU DONT TELL THE EDITOR ITS SEWN UP and then say IF IT DOESNT HAPPEN IT DOESNT HAPPEN!!!!! I explained to her we are in this as a team you Fail, I FAIL, and i dont fucking FAIL. She was like well they havent gotten ahold of me and are making me jump through hoops. I finally said fuck it ill take care of it. Which i should have done in teh first place and just said fuck you, you make your appt and i make mine.

10 min later i have an appt with these people on Sunday. They said they didnt even know about it, that their PR/Publicist hadnt mentioned anything to them, and that they hadnt heard of this writer. WTF! Piece of shit lazy ass people.

Sorry had to vent. Anyone have shit like this?

2. johan

johan Active Member

pic of this girl writer? will judge based on that.

and...as long as you're clean, don't sweat it. douchebags are everywhere.

3. alexromo

alexromo New Member

get her fired dude

4. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

5. turbodude

not my way. i just dont want to be accountable for someone elses fuckup, makes me look bad and disorganized.

6. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

Fuck that shit!

Get pics, do your own captions, let the editor know you took charge and got it done.

Profit!

7. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

kill her

then post nudes

8. turbodude

shes a ginger and is not cute.

9. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

i melt for gingers

usually

hence the av

10. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

That sucks. I have been there before, which is why learned a loooong time ago to NEVER depend on the reporter for assignment times. If possible, I always try to get the numbers and arrange for a shoot time myself. Just part of the biz though, man.

11. turbodude

never again live and learn, i will def do that from now on. Or just take the writing job too.

12. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

That's what I do.

13. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

more dough.

You didn't move out of this shithole town to go to Vegas for nothing..

Get on it.

14. Keegan

Keegan New Member

I hear you unfortunately. Happens a lot if I'm not shooting sports for the paper and get assigned to a culture piece. The writer won't have their shit together and tries to pin it on me. It's easy (and I've done it before) to blow up at the writer and go off on them, but I've found working with them and being considerate even when it's their fault goes a lot further down the road when you work together again.