Fucking shoulder injury :wtc: and *pic*

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Frank Dux, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

Let me start off by, yes I'm a Senior in H.S. before I get any high school flames. We've been playing football in P.E. and I've leveled the shit out of some freshman and thought nothing of it. Yesterday was my leg day and when I went to bed that night, my shoulder was fucking killing me. Woke up today, didn't really hurt and when I went to lift after school today....it acted up. I tried doing some dumbbell bench (started off with 75's) and I couldn't do it 12x with ease (like I usually can) and when I dropped them on the floor, it fucking killed my shoulder. I didn't want to think I had an injury, so I kept going and it just got worse everyitme I had to drop them and I wasn't as strong. I tried doing ONE dip and when I went down I was in major pain and didn't bother finishing it.

What the fuck is up? Any ideas? How long should I take a break? I'm thinking I'll go back Monday, I can't fucking go longer than that.

Here's a pic a shitty pic of me I took with my cell phone so you brolys don't think some dumbass weightlifting n00b.

[​IMG]

2. Werdna

Werdna Livin' the SLO Life...

yeah shoulder injuries suck...a couple weeks ago i tried to block a guy's shot during bball and got my legs taken out from under me. i hit the floor and my shoulder had this weird stingy/numb thing. felt the same as when i've dropped the db's across my body during shoulder presses.

anywho, it still hurts during some shit, mostly during widge grip pullups. so i just don't do them.

just give it time and don't do shit that hurts it. any sharp pain, stop doing whatever you're doing.

3. 240 KA-T

240 KA-T New Member

Shoulder is a super complicated joint of lots of muscles and tendants goin every which way. I would wait a couple days, ice it, and if it doesn't get better see a doc.

4. 240 KA-T

240 KA-T New Member

Well if in a week it is still blisterin pain i wouldnt wait any longer to get it checked out.

5. jonno

jonno New Member

6. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

You guys keep recommend a doctor. You guys think it's taht serious? Fuck.
    :wtc:

7. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

go to the doctor to be 100% you don't want to get surgery like I did. It will fuck up everything.

8. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

dr kevorkian

9. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I tore my pec and messed up my rotator almost 2 years ago. I couldn't unrack 135 for 6 months. and forget about dips I still have problems with them. get to a dr. asap

10. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

If you have to sacrifice your shoulder and chest days you need to see a doctor also. YOu DONT realize how much you are hurting yourself in the long run.

11. Grouch

Grouch Guest

you'll need an MRI before they'll tell you surgery is needed.

12. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Heres what happens. Your doctor gives you a script for physical therapy. If that doesn't work you get a cortizone shot and an xray. Once that doesn't work you are referred to another doctor for an mri. Now for shoulders doing the mri is nothing more than putting on a heavy vest and laying down in a catscan booth. That is fucked up part because its hard to breath and there is no sound. YOu will sit there for probably 30min, thats what they did for me. Then once you find out you need surgery you go apeshit. Hopefully you won't get to that point. After having surgery I've found that my body is no longer symmetrical like it was before the tear and before surgery.

13. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

ligaments, not tendONS

14. mr. ant

mr. ant OT Supporter

sounds like you effed up your rotator cuff, specifically, your AC joint...
    similar thing happened to me a couple months ago when i was doing some flat bp reps. took some time off from the gym for about a month and a half before it finally healed

15. edd91

edd91 rebmeM weN

That really doesn't make sense, although I don't like to use the term "rotator cuff", as a noun it refers to the supporting structures around the glenohumeral joint, muscles, capsules etc, they provide strength to the joint. The "AC" joint, is just that, a joint between the acromion process of the scapula and the clavicle

16. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

leveling freshman?

Why are you beating on the little freshman?? :nono:

at this point they're still little kids. :squint:

Oh yeah, and I hope your shoulder feels better :big grin:

17. amdspitfire

amdspitfire New Member

ive been having shoulder problems as well, its been popping everytime i lift it.

stopped all shoulder related lifting for a few weeks and im a lot better now.

18. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

jerk material for grouch?:ugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.