GUN Fucking OT idiots with pistols

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ichabod Crane, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

2. Furner

Furner New Member

what a dumbfuck. i oughta call the VA state police and own his ass.

3. Silent

Silent New Member

:ugh: lucky he didn't get caught.

4. OPM Inc.

OPM Inc. OT Supporter

My God.

5. Furner

Furner New Member

those ppl are why we are seen as "gun crazies"

6. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

7. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

At least the gun isn't chambered in the pic where his finger is on the trigger. You can tell by looking at how far back the trigger is. Of course that is no reason for poor gun handling skills.

8. taco

taco Guest

Ok, I don't see what the big deal is with loading magazines in the vehicle, and I'm sure the plenty of peolpe have including members of this board have loaded guns in their vehicle quite often.

Sure you shouldn't have you finger on the trigger unless you plan to shoot. But the same people on sites like glock talk that say that you shouldn't put you finger on the trigger unless you intend to destroy what you are pointing it at are the same people that advocate dry firing to learn trigger control.

While they are not showing the greatest of gun responsibility I have seen first hand many dumber things than what those two were doing by people with alot more experience around guns.

But the other people do have a point that these guys aren't very accurate. But I'm sure they were probably having a good time just throwing lead downrange and not worrying too much about accuracy.

9. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Of course with a Glock, you have to have the trigger in the rearward position to field strip it, so your finger will have to go in the trigger guard and pull the trigger at some point, even though you don't intend to shoot. That is why you always double or triple check that the chamber is empty before you touch the trigger.

10. Furner

Furner New Member

What they are doing is violating CCW laws, these are the people that screw it up for the rest of us.

11. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

they are fucking idiots plain and simple.

12. Venomous

Venomous No muff too tuff...I dive at five!

Actually they are not violating Virginia CHP (there is no concealed WEAPONS permit) laws. That would be considered open carry according to Virginia laws which is very much legal. A little know fact is that State law have set precedence allowing open carry in vehicles no matter where you are going, for personal defense. The fact that they were heading to the range just makes it that much better for them. That aside, the handling of the gun is may be a bit wrong, but when you picked up your FIRST gun, what was the first thing you did? I know I dry fired the pistol (luckily I had a more experienced person hand me the gun). Were they irresponsible? Maybe. Should we degrade them? I don't think so. We already have too many people that think we are elitists and gun toting nuts. We need to help educate them without alienating them.

Just my $.02

13. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Finger on the trigger is a common newb mistake when shooting unsupervised. :hs: Fortunately, he seemed to have been careful enough about loading the weapon to offset the danger, but we all know why the rules are there and hopefully Accords does too.

14. KW

KW Guest

Yeah, sooner or later we all break one of the four by accident. The whole point of having all four is that you really need to break more then one of them to get into trouble.

I'd still be awfully sketched by my buddy fondling his gun in the car and loading mags otw to a range in the city. Out in the country guns are just a way of life. If a ranger or state cop comes by while you are shooting out in the woods they'll probably stop and chat with you about guns. But if some city cop sees you playing with a pistol in your car, chances are you will end up with your face on the pavement.

Those guys do make me feel like a good shot with a pistol. :)

15. sushibug

sushibug :happysad:

out in san diego, if a cop over here saw him loading a magazine in his car its all over. if im not mistake when you get pulled over you hand over your CCW with your drivers license. you dont say to the cop "i have a gun."

im going shooting today, sig p229 + hk usp 45. gonna rent a sig p220 or 2340, or maybe even a hk .40... find out what gun i wanna buy.

16. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

At least you didn't break rule #1 :bigthumb: