SRS fucking feel pathetic

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by liptonme, Mar 16, 2005.

1. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

need to find a job... been looking for like 2 weeks. haven't had any real luck. wish i could park my car on a train track..... i'm so fucking :madfawk::wtcslap: right now

2. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

:hug:

Sometimes finding a job can be hard, but not having one doesnt make you any less of a person. At least you are trying! Just keep at it. The more you apply, the more chances you have at finding someone looking to hire individuals with your abilities.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  3. HyTymez

HyTymez New Member

fuck the job...do what i did and look for something that you really really love...and find away to combine what you love into something you can make money on. Myself alone, I used to make on average 32k a month (no kidding) for my old company, that was almost what i pulled in a year!!! And what did i get after getting into an arguement with the owners son-in-law...a fuckn pink slip and a pat on the back. Your just a number in todays market....very disposible. And if not finding one is making you sad...screw em like i did. Ive been self employed for 3 years now and making myself money...not the white man and enjoying ever bit of it. Freedom over job security is also nice.

4. huggybear

huggybear New Member

the white man :noes: but, yes, i'd like to be self employed also

don't give up on your job search

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Have you been looking for a job full time, 8 hours a day? Sending out a dozen resumes a day, filling out as many applications, every single day? If not... then start.

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Repost of mahself.

7. Juvenall

Juvenall What Would Juvie Do?

To be blunt, 2 weeks isn't much time at all. Some people search for months before something comes along. It's really the nature of the beast.

Depending on what you're looking for, your best bet if you need money or simply trying to get your life in order is to check out an employment agency. It's hard NOT to find one willing to hook you up with any type of job. Often, they can hook you up with something in a matter of days (depending on what type of work you are willing to do).

8. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

i am putting out resumes left and right.. it's this whole waiting process that is killing me. I find myelf hating/loving my computer. The computer is the best when trying to send out multiple resumes but looking at the damn monitor all day is disturbing. It's killing me sitting here without results.

9. ~*Pogovina*~

~*Pogovina*~ Whip it! Whip it good!!

THAT is the base of your problem. You are a man that likes results, and likes them now. While there's nothing wrong with that, it simply isn't the way that certain things work- jobhunting is just one of those things. Be patient. Do your best, then RELAX. You're getting yourself so high strung that when someone comes along to hire you, they're gonna worry about how you deal with pressure.

You're incredibly smart, you have a great head on your shoulders and a fantastic work ethic. YOU WILL FIND A JOB, and a GOOD one at that. Just be a little more patient, give it some time. All you have to do is SHOW them that you're the right guy for the job. If they move on, it's their loss. The only employers that rush into hiring are minimum wage "survival" jobs like waiting tables. They aren't as interested in quality and can afford to shove people in and out of a fast moving revolving door.

Get your necessities done every day as far as getting your name out there. Then do something nice for yourself. Kick back with a beer and a buddy, read a book, hit the gym. You'll miss those opportunities once you're employed again because the pace will pick back up.

:hug: Never think badly of yourself just because some asshole out there doesn't want to take the time to do HIS job: hire GOOD productive assets to his company. That's HIS fault.

10. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

:hs:

11. johan

johan Active Member

Damn, now *that's* supportive.

12. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

in all reality, 2 weeks to look for a job is hardly anything.. often it takes weeks to sort through the resumes on the desk.

don't get discouraged.. it'll get better.

13. J-Passport

J-Passport OT Supporter

:up: goodluck with your search

14. liptonme

liptonme OT Supporter

thanks for all the support guys.. if/when i get a job i'll buy a round, when there's a houston meat

15. HyTymez

HyTymez New Member

gotta agree with...2 weeks isnt long at all. Just remember...theres always others in worse spots than you. Others loosing there cars, loosing homes, families, pets or whatever....just sounds like you need something to do and with no job...its driving you crazy. youll find something...hang in there buddy. Just dont do anything dumb...with this bad ass site and the caring folks...youll have plenty of support. BTW, is it just me or johan freakn hot?!?

16. Kamisama

Kamisama Guest

It's been 4 months for me :sadwavey:

Social anxiety makes it real real tough though, I've probably only built the courage to apply at 5 places [repeated times] and gone to two interviews and one job training.

I bombed one interview, and after the job training, I knew I couldn't do it [telemarketing]

I have the number to set an appointment for seeing a doctor about my anxiety... but I even have a shitload of anxiety calling on the phone :hs: I'll probably have to take a couple shots of vodka just to call

17. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

It comes with practice.

I remember the last time I was doing the job searching thing, I think I was unemployed for about 3 or 4 months. I felt the same way you guys did at first..."Am I not good enough?" "Am I not applying to the right places?"

Finally, after the upteenth interview for some of the most pathetic jobs I could try for (I was ready for anything at all at that point), I was so used to doing calls and interviews that I went to these with no anxiety or nervousness left at all. None of the questions surprised me anymore...I knew exactly what to say each and every time.

That's where I started landing job offers all at once. It's almost like you have to approach these interviews knowing that you're the best they are going to get. They'd be stupid not to hire you.

Just go to each interview thinking that you're either going to get this job OR it's a practice interview for the next one.

EDIT:
    Self employment is an option. But having been there myself running my own business I can tell you it has its own set of problems. In this case, you're doing the same work you might be doing for "the man" but now you've adopted all the other work you might not be prepared to do on top of that. You have to be your own salesman, your own CEO, your own manager, your own accountant, etc etc. There's a reason why a majority of businesses fail within the first year.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  18. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Try your local job agency, they will find a job for you.

19. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

I've been unemployed for over 5 months now. Its hard but eventually something will come up man, especially if you have experience. :)

20. AO

AO New Member

You've been looking for only two weeks and you're depressed?

I've been looking for 3 YEARS, man. And I am not depressed.