COMIC Fuck

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by pixie, Nov 16, 2007.

1. pixie

pixie on one wild ride :naughty:

I moved into a place in Mar of 99 and put most of my comics into storage. When I moved into my current place in Oct of 05 I put most of my comics that I had acquired since Mar of 99 (and a ton of various other shit belonging to myself and my husband) into a Public Storage unit. Tonight my Husband got a call from the Storage place- our unit was missing it's lock, could we come down and take a look.

The unit was ransacked, and as far as I could tell (Dave couldn't go, he's sicker than a dog- so some of his stuff might be missing as well) the only thing missing? my FUCKING COMICS!!!

That's over 6 years of comics... & I spend somewhere between $75 & $100 dollars every two weeks... I can't process it...

fuckers

2. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

Shit. Fuck. I assume nobody was standing next to you, because if I were you, I'd be guilty of manslaughter in an instant.

3. pixie

Just the poor kid that works at the storage place.

He might have been 21... maybe

and here I am, 38 woman in my office clothes (went straight from work) cussing enough to make a sailor blush about comics.

My brain is shutting down so I don't think about just how much is lost. I'm sure I had entire runs of shit in there.

4. AJAX

AJAX OT Supporter

That fucking sucks, you should watch ebay and the local comic shops to see if anything suspicious turns up. maybe you'll get lucky.

5. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

That's all kinds of messed up. Inside job, maybe? Does the rental place have a universal key for the locks, or was it your own lock?

6. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

jesus christ I'm sorry to hear that...

that's absolutely fucked up...
    I remember how much you spent on those damn things, more than I ever did, weekly...

i hope you find out who did it

7. pixie

Thanks Aaron. funny thing... the comics that are missing are the ones I would have bought about the time you lived around here.

It was our own lock, which is now gone. There was another unit with a broken/missing lock as well... they've got a lock on it now, and we'll replace it this weekend.

8. void

void oh yeah?

my books are in storage right, now...i always hated keeping those buggers out of my line of sight.

sucks you lost your runs, if you have renters insurance then it should cover a storage unit. depends on the contact though.

9. pixie

We have insurance on the unit itself, we pay the extra $7 a month (or whatever that is) for it, so that had better damn well cover it. Of course, I don't have a clear record of exactly what was in there, just that there were so many full long boxes of comics in there so :dunno:

10. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

Wow, that fucking sucks. I couldn't imagine how pissed I'd be if someone stole all my books. Hopefully you'll at least get your money back out of it. :hs:

11. pixie

found out today the insurance is 2k max... and I lost about 12-15k

the hubby lost his nintendo, and a bunch of games for it, his mac, and stuff for it, and his paintball and lazertag stuff. Most of that was all sentimental but still.

I'm a believer in the power of positive thought.... the fuckers that did this are getting all my negative thoughts thrown their way. I'm hoping a bus runs them over, or their dog runs away (but finds a better home, not the dogs fault) or any of a million other nasty things.

12. mooredodge

Are the police doing anything to find them? Have you been checking ebay, etc?

13. pixie

The hubby has been checking both ebay and craigslist. The police were out today to take the information, and they were asking me what would be in there that might stand out if they did run across anything, but I couldn't think of anything in that time frame that stands out enough... it was funny how they paid more attention when I mentioned how much money the comics had cost me though :hs:

The cops say they've been getting a lot of calls for that storage place, and one of them told the hubby while they were doing the forms "you want my advise? find another storage space." We have an indoor unit, and the outer door was not forced, so we (and the cops) think it's someone who's renting a unit in our area. There are no cameras in the halls (which, since they've been having this problem all year might be a cause for a civil case against the storage place for negligence) but the manager might have the owners convinced to put them in soon.

14. mooredodge

Wow, that just sucks. I hope they find the fuckers, but they rarely ever do. :hs:

15. pixie

I'm sure with this they pulled what they wanted, took little bits here and there to sell in various places (never huge amounts at once) ebayed/craiglisted other small pieces and anything they didn't think would sell is already in a dumpster somewhere :wtc::wtc::wtc:

or maybe I'm giving them more credit for smarts they don't have and they are about to get caught by the cops :x:

16. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

damn that sucks
    :wtc:
    sorry to hear that shit happen

hope those assholes get pozzed by some hard hitting cops :x:

17. pixie

one of the cops that came out looked like he was built to really deal the damage, and while he was a cutie, it looked like his nose had been busted at least once... I kind hope if they do find the thieves, he's the one that does and they get all resisty.

18. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

What other stuffs are in the public storage ? That's sad in a weird kind of way... :hs:

19. pixie

Besides what was taken?

some furniture, books (the kind without pictures-those didn't get taken) old clothes that we haven't taken to goodwill yet, stuff from childhood like old school stuff, Daves boy/eagle scout stuff, stuffed animals, ect.

all of which was strewn all over the unit, and took us hours to repack yesterday.