Fuck You, Astro Cargo.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Morgan06, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

How much of my M105 are you going to use up on your scratches?
    M85 wasn't good enough, huh?
    Whose paying for this detail anyway?
    Your panels are so big you tubby piece of shit, this is the only time you'll get polished in 2010.

At least you were easy to de-badge. :hs:

Last time I'm going to see some parts of this van, my new vinyl is coming in this week. :wiggle:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I hate polishing out my own car too. Don't get paid for it and I'm really the only one who notices how swirl free it is. All anyone else wants to talk about is the shine.

3. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Exactly. I'm usually really into it for the first hour or so, then my mind starts to wander....:wiggle:

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

For me to work on the paint on my own cars, I usually have to try to forget it's mine and treat it like it's a customer's car. Otherwise I just get really tempted to say "Fuck it, it'll still be here some other time. I'll fix it eventually."

5. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I'm thinking about only polishing half of the hood to really help people visualize the difference- but it's just gloss white. Not exactly the best canvas to showcase regular maintenance swirls. Maybe I won't even wax that half, but no protection on a horizontal surface? That's blasphemy :noes:

I did half yesterday before losing interest, not even going to wax it yet because I've just got to strip it anyway for the vinyl to stick in a few days. Got a quick job on a Prius this morning and then I'll do the other half.

This is the often the truth. Just like mechanics perpetually seem to have a repair to make, body techs always seem to have a dent to fix that never gets done. :rofl:

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Oh come on. The hood is the smallest panel on the whole damn van! :rofl:

I say polish the hood and then say fuck the rest :mamoru:

7. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I don't know if it was me being still sleepy or why it happened, but I read that part about the hood and seriously LOL'd so loud at 5:30AM. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll probably end up just polishing it all, because it's white and the swirls aren't terribad anyway. To show someone who didn't know what they're looking for I'd have to pull the 'stand here, lean this way, tilt your head and catch the sun reflection right here to see them' bit.

8. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

9. Scottwax

Looks really good, ought to get a lot of Pious owners with your company name. :mamoru:

In all seriousness, selling how "green" your business is makes sense these days.

10. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Someone else mentioned something similar that to me, and I'm no tree hugger, this is what I replied to him.

"Definitely not the vehicles I work on, thank goodness. I would have my car guy status revoked if I only got to see Insights, Civics and Priuses.

Everything from the most simple ideals like using a refillable bottle for my drinking water, only reusable towels and if it weren't for SprayWay Glass Cleaner I wouldn't even carry any aerosols.

To using a rinseless product like ONR on 80% of the vehicles I see, non corrosive/non acid wheel cleaners and biodegradable, citrus or enzyme based cleaners.

And taking it as far as recycling my two bucket wash waste water, electronic receipts, a dyno tuned pressure washer, and purchasing an Astro instead of an E250 or Super Duty.

I'm not going to save the planet by cleaning cars. Most of what I do, others do as well and didn't even realize they were being environmentally responsible. As an example- many of us already realized the benefits of a gentle wheel cleaner for sensitive wheels over something with hydroflouric acid, but few realize the benefit to the environment and our health."

11. Scottwax

You know what is funny? I am the same as you, I am more motivated to use "green" products when it makes sense from a cost/convenience standpoint. However, by using ONR and products that meet all VOC compliance standards, including the tougher California standards and driving a car instead of a truck means I am doing more to help the environment than Al Gore is.

12. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

That's what it's all about cost/convenience/results, in no particular order but more of a balance between them. If I can do it faster, cheaper or better I will- if I can hit two out of three of those I'll take a 'green' product or method.

Occasionally people get the wrong idea and assume I'm going to wash their car with reclaimed urine and polish the paint with the sole of a birkenstock. It doesn't take too much explaining to help them understand that I'm not going to sacrifice performance or the final product to save the whales.