Fuck. When Icon says small..

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Thunderbear, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

.. they mean fucking SMALL. Jacket doesn't even make it to the bottom of my ribcage. It's seriously midget sized. Those of you like me wanting a tighter fit for your jackets.. consider two sizes up.

Motorcycle-superstore.com ICON blowout:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/2155/CITEM/Icon-Team-Merc-Stage-2-Jacket-Closeouts.aspx

[​IMG]

Quality looks good.. all those names are embroidered. CE armor is smaller than both my Fieldsheer and Joe Rocket armor.

Still looking for a tan textile jacket with CE armor :mad:

Guess I'm going to have to modify this one to MARPAT and Marine patches:

[​IMG]

2. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

The new Joe Rocket MilSpec jacket looks tight, but it's black. Oh well. Good luck with that. Looks like it could be cool.

3. squid

squid braap

Knox sells armor kits

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Icon is garbage, so are textile jackets. Whats wrong with leather? If its money you can usually find decent Fieldsheer on the cheap.

5. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

What's wrong with textile? It seems to hold up fine, it breathes better than leather, and it's cheaper, I don't really see any downside, unless you think that you need to wear a leather jacket and a half helmet if you ride a cruiser.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Perforated leather jackets breath pretty well, not as well as a mesh but better then most solid textiles. But my main beef with textiles is they generally will not hold up at all to any getoffs at highway speeds.

7. Original

Original OT Supporter

sounds good to me.. only 5'5 :o:coolugh:

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Nothing wrong with leather. Already have a black leather jacket. Need a brown one, and I want the versatility of textiles. I don't think much would hold up from a highway speed dump, least at the speeds around here.

Would like to know more about armor kits.. that'd make the bomber I have laying around wearable again.

9. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

Considering you see racers go down at 100+ and walk away from it yes, there are things that hold up to highway speed dumps. Now, if you hit something that's a different story...

10. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

well textiles have they're downsides and thery'e up more comfy than leather so more likely that people are going to wear them than leather in the summer so i guess better than nothing but leather does hold up better im looking to buy one when winter is over so hopefully i get a nice one for a decent price when no one wants to wear them in florida and btw i just ate shit on my bike last week wearing my textile jacket and just a small tear on one of the seams from about a 40 mph dump