SRS Fuck. v.smoking

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deusexaethera, Aug 15, 2009.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I stopped smoking last Tuesday. I had to fight it a bit, but all in all it took a LOT less willpower than the first time around. No surliness, no chest pain, none of that. But tonight I toss back a few shots of vodka, and now I'm desperate to have a cigarette.

I really wish I could get de-addicted, so I could just have one from time to time, like I used to when I first started smoking. I went probably five years having one a day or less. I didn't really start smoking a lot until my last semester in college, when I lived alone in a small house in NJ. That's when I started hitting the pack hard, and I never really stopped doing it.

All I want is a cigarette every now and then, I don't want to be addicted to them. They agree really well with my brain chemistry; I don't understand why it's so much to ask to be able to enjoy it from time to time.

2. Nite_Lilly

Nite_Lilly Member

So....how's it going?:cool:

3. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

Until you quit, I wouldn't drink alcohol. It makes your willpower weak.

4. BBWolf

BBWolf New Member

I quit three years ago. If you look at it as something you might be able to go back to once and awhile, you'll never be successful.

You are physically addicted to tobacco. Recognize that. There's no difference between your physical need for a smoke and a heroin junkie's need for a fix. Only difference is that one is legal. You wouldn't tell a junkie it's okay to just shoot up once in a while, right?

You are not used to thinking that way but it's true. I couldn't be successful in quitting until I stopped looking at smoking as just a bad habit. I also had to stop making excuses for myself and had to start seeing myself as a junkie.

There's a ton of useful information out there. I found a lot at whyquit.com

5. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

Getting laid can kind of be like drinking though, makes you crave a smoke afterward.

6. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

:rofl:

If by makes your will power weak you mean lets you do what you actually want with out inhibition, then yes.

You're assuming Deus can get laid :rofl:

I keed I keed.

7. CarolinaE

CarolinaE New Member

quitting smoking is really easy if you don't think of it as being such a big deal! the key : live like nothing controls your life, and don't let cigs control your life. I have spent days with one pack in the bathroom, one pack always in my coat, one pack in my side table and whole lotta packs at a whole lotta places. but quitting was kinda easy for me once i realized it didn't do a whole lot for me