Fuck Rhapsody

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Peyomp, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Rhapsody used to work on my mac. When I upgraded to 2.0 of firefox, it stopped working. It won't work with Safari. I don't have an older version. It never lets me log in.

Hasn't worked for months. I'm tired of fucking with it. I call. Indian tells me its a temporary technical problem. I yell at him. I cancel account.

They pre-bill in three month chunks. I reverse charge.

Fuck rhapsody.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Fuck Real Networks in general. They're completely incompatible with anything else. Hell, even Apple is more intercompatible than Real nowadays.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

None of that shit matters, when rhapsody works... you don't give a fuck about the file format.

4. deusexaethera

I give a fuck about the file format. I want all of my purchased data to be interchangeable and usable with any brand of device I should choose to use. The first thing I do when I buy music on iTunes is strip off the copy protection and make mp3s.

5. Clarity

Clarity New Member

Isn't that illegal?

6. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

He bought it, why would it be illegal?

7. deusexaethera

It would be illegal because of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which prohibits breaking encryption and copy protection for any reason other than researching encryption methods, and even then only if the research is intended to develop stronger encryption.

But you know what? Speeding is illegal, but I drive 80+mph to work every day, and smoking pot is illegal, but I've smoked up with friends in the past too. Some laws are necessary to maintain the safety and integrity of society, and those laws I respect. Other laws serve the interests of a few people who are especially good at making lots of noise when they don't get their way, and those laws I don't respect. The DCMA falls into the latter category.

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Dude... its a music subscription service. You don't care about the format, because you're streaming, and not downloading the files.