GUN Fuck New York

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 16, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Eliot Spitzer is issuing an executive order expanding the COBIS (Combined Ballistic Identification System aka Ballistic Fingerprinting) to be expanded to include all pistols by the end of the year.

Included will be all handguns currently owned in New York State with the responsibilities in Westchester, Suffolk, Nassau and New York Counties resting with their pistol licensing bureaus.

All pistol license holders will be required to have all pistols submitted for COBIS testing or new permits will not be issued.

All current pistol permit holders will also be required to pay the costs for all guns to be COBIS tested.

An extra 1000 state will be hired to carry out his executive order and penalties for non compliance are to be determined.

The executive order dealing with long guns will be signed and will be implemented by the end of the year as well. This will also require all guns entering New York State to be COBIS tested. Only your shotguns will be safe.

They'll figure a way to test (register) those as well one day. COBIS testing may also run close to $50 per gun for previously owned guns.

I think i might be having a boating accident soon

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

What a waste of money, hasn't that already been proven to be ineffective?

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

In for increase in unsolved shotgun murders :x:

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just need a 2nd barrel and extractor, nope wasnt me officer you have my guns ballistics on record.

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

what if you get it done and 3 weeks later buy a new barrel?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm working on it, so far I've been unable to find a job in the pay range I'm looking for, might be time to lower it a bit though :hs:

7. Aequitas

Then you just went around their expensive measure that won't have much effect on crime.

8. Aequitas

If anything we'll hold your guns for you down here.:hsugh: :x:

9. Aequitas

I think they're going by the registration info, which means the pimps and murderers won't have to worry since they don't have registered guns. Sucks for those that follow the law though.

10. ReefBlue

ReefBlue New Member

I would ask the officer, after I pick the gun back up from testing:

"So, how many criminals have brought their illegally owned guns in for this testing."

11. Pump Scout

Pump Scout New Member

Exactly what I was thinking. I remember, many years ago now, my first time stripping down a 1911. The very first thought I'd had was "geez, you could swap out the barrel and not ballistically match your bullets". Are law-abiding citizens the only ones who think that way? Not very damn likely. Of course, pointing out this little loophole would just result in legislation requiring the registration of not only guns themselves, but barrels and other parts. :rolleyes:

12. Aequitas

I'd really like tos see some statistics about how often ballistic fingerprinting has been used to convict someone. I'd also like to see how often the police actually recover a usuable bullet from a crime scene, be it murder or attempted murder or what have you.

13. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I'd do firing pin as well

14. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

What kind of job are you looking for? Keep in mind, you don't need to make as much money in other states to be at the same level as you are at now.

15. Aequitas

16. ReefBlue

ReefBlue New Member

Here is a great site (complete with a masterful PDF) of gun facts.

http://gunfacts.info/

It talks directly about ballistic databases.

17. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Fact: Computer image matching of cartridges fails between 38-62% of the time, depending on whether the cartridges are from the same or different manufacturers.34

Fact: Maryland’s ballistics database “is not doing anything”29 and “It has not met the mission statement of the state police."30 In the first five years of implementation, it failed to lead to any criminal arrest and convictions from over 80,000 specimens and a cost of $2,567,633.31

Fact: More than 70% of armed career criminals get their guns from "off the-street sales" and "criminal acts" such as burglaries32, and 71% of these firearms are stolen.33 Tracing these firearms will not lead to the criminals as the trail stops at the last legal owner.

Fact: Not so far. Neither New York nor Maryland has reported a single prosecution based on matched casings or bullets.37 38 39 The cost for this lack of success in Maryland exceeds $2,500,000 a year and New York budgets $4,000,000.

18. Aequitas

If I was a tax payer in New York I'd be pissed they were about to waste so much money.

19. t1h

t1h Guest

:rofl: its New York. the more liberals spend, the happier they are.

20. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

Damn dude, im really sorry about all those guns that are soon to be lost in a terrible boating accident. :mamoru:

21. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:werd:

i wish i even HAD nice guns that could potentially be lost in a boating accident. on the subject, i wish i had a boat to have accidents on :wtc:

22. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

This has been done in a couple different states now.And I think,there was only one"unsolved"case that became solved.Maryland I think it was.

23. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont think any states have done it with rifles like he wants to though. Nor do i think any states made it retroactive and forced gun owners to foot bill.

24. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had mostly been leaning towards going back into electronics repair, problem being haven't done it for a couple years so $$ offers I've gotten have been lower then I wanted since I been out of the loop. Thinking about going in a new direction something that'll be a good career path with decent benefits and retirement options maybe some LEO stuff.

25. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Depends on the area. Once I leave this state I want to buy my own house, local cost of living will determine what I want to make. If the cost of living is cheap like some parts of Tx I've looked in then low 30's as long as theres potential for more in the future.

For Cali it would be 40's and they would have to change there gun laws first :mamoru: