Fuck! Just got my BF% done

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Wombats Unlimited, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wombats Unlimited

Wombats Unlimited OT Supporter

Two months ago, I finished my bulk and got my bf% tested at 13.6% and started to cut. I'm not on a strict diet, just trying to keep cals around 2000-2500 (trying) and getting 200g of protein/ day and I also take a green tea extract supp (but its weak as hell, its 10x less potent than lean green b/c I needed caffeine free).

I can't say I've been 100% consistent with my diet, but on the whole it seems like I've cut the cals down a lot, I go to bed hungry almost every night. I haven't done any cardio but I lift 5 days/ week. I've really been depriving myself of food (not toooo low that I'd be in starvation mode). Anyway, it seems that all my little cheats and unstrict dieting have caught up with me, I got my BF% done today, it was 13.4% and I've lost almost 5lbs. I have NO idea how this happened, but somehow I've lost 5 lbs and no body fat (allthough my thighs have definition they didn't have before). I'm pissed because I have to be lean for 1 month from now, I rented a house in Malibu (right on the ocean and everything) for the summer and I'm having a bunch of friends out.

It goes without saying I'm going to get strict on the diet, and I'm going to take sesathin and do cardio every day I'm not in the gym. Anything else I can take (non stimulatory) or do?

2. phish

phish hockey crew

Yeah, don't starve yourself. You basically lost pounds of muscle.

3. Wombats Unlimited

I'm definately not starving myself, the cals are just too high. Too much cheating. Im so pissed, I basically spent 2 months of deprivation and discipline making myself look worse and get farther from my goal.

4. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

Yeah 5 lbs in two months, you should really expect a bigger drop in bodyfat with that kind of massive weight loss

5. Eschafer

Eschafer New Member

howd you get it measured?

6. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

you could be eating enough to maintain. It could be water weight.

DId you have the bf% done with the EXACT same equipment both times?

7. ralyks

ralyks New Member

What did you use to measure BF%? I could throw my machine at school off 2-3% just by drinking water.

8. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

The body fat measures can vary alot. You should have taken before and after pictures to help see a difference.

I have started cutting and watching what I eat for the first time ever. This past thurs marked 5 weeks on the diet, with 5 days in Indianapolis for the Bball final four (Go Gators) and then 3 days in Miami. So it was hard to monitor what I ate those days and I drank a significant amount while in Indy. I try to get 300 g protein( 1.5 g x 210 starting weight) but I have averaged about 250 g. I try to eat 2500 cals on days I workout or do a sporting activity and 2200 on days I am not active. I try to split the meals into at least 4 with usually 2 small snacks in there. After the protein, I eat whole grain carbs, usually low fat foods like cheese and milk. I have lost 10 LBS so which averages to 2 LBS a week, I can definatly see a difference in the mirror. My goal is to get down to 190, which is kinda arbitrary but I figured that weight based on how I look now from going from 210 - 200.

I use fitday to monitor what I eat. I can eat most anything so taste is not a huge issue with me. I do eat alot of the same foods everyday, chicken breast, tuna, protein shake. I get the already seasoned chicken breast in the bag from publix. When I cook the plane chicken breast I just put a slice of fat free american cheese on it and some katchup on it. I eat egg beaters, fat free milk. One thing I try to do is when buying food or deciding on something to eat, I look at total cals and then I look at protein to carb ratio, I try to make sure I eat things that have more protein than carbs, it makes it easier to get my goal of 300 g protein. I also take a multi vitamin and fish oil.

This is just what I have done and it has worked for me. I am sure others have more advice or just figure out what works for you.

9. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

.2% bf lost. lol. dont worry so much about what the calipers say and look at what your mirror says.

10. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

was this water or caliper?

11. Wombats Unlimited

Caliper. Mirror-wise there is some more definition but I'm still a little flabby, wouldnt say I've made any signifigant progress.

12. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Measurements have a significant margin of error. But your gut feeling is probably right- that the little cheats have caught up to you :hs: I'm dealing with that right now and it's time to tighten up again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.