fuck it. im making a poll.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by babar, Jul 10, 2007.

?

do i keep the date?

1. yes

27 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. no

24 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. babar

babar Active Member

2. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Well you know my vote. :wavey:

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Poco and I are on the same page. What a pointless "date."

4. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

You should have used 50/50 instead of ask the audience.

5. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

No. You will end up getting attached, while she, on the other hand, will just think of you as a great friend....and nothing more.

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Who said Yes? :slap: :mamoru:

7. jonno

jonno New Member

8. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

I voted no. :hs:

9. iwishyouwerebeer

Kalypso and two other people who seem to not realize he's friendzoning himself hardcore.

10. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

My best friends current GF was with a guy when he met her and he did EXACTLY what babar is doing now, you just have to play it right and hope their relationship isn't working out, which statistically it won't be.

There's a possibility of friendzoning here, but that's present with any female interaction.

11. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Hopefully they are married now and have kids, and have proven a long term relationship can come of this?

I'd say he would not be friendzoned IF she dumped her boyfriend before the date. That would be a pretty strong indicator she really wants him.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

Yep. Of course there is a chance she could dump her bf for this kid...but why go about it this way. She would be much more likely to be attracted to him if he just straight up told her he was not taking her on a date because she had a boyfriend. This is coming from a woman.

13. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I believe it's you that often references how odd other women act, maybe it was one of the other female posters. Regardless, as long as he doesn't sleep with her before she breaks up with him (And he makes it clear that he won't), and makes it clear that he likes her and it's a dating-capacity-kind-of-thing, it could work, so why not. What does he have to lose but an afternoon he would have spent watching tv or something?

14. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

i voted yes because she already put him in the friendzone by telling him she had a BF so why cancel the date. He can still have fun.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

Trust me, I am not saying that it couldn't work, that she won't just friendzone him. Me and Poco's point is WHY!? Why waste his time, and coupon for a salsa lesson on a girl who admittedly has a boyfriend but is going with him on a date anyway. You don't see anything wrong with that?

If this guy, babar, is as good at getting women as he says he is than why not tell this girl "sorry, it's just not going to happen until you are single" and go and find another girl to take out. Him doing that is going to peak her interest so much more. And at least it'll make her work for his attention as opposed to him ending up some loser who tries to take her on one, than two, maybe three dates and she still stays with her boyfriend?

16. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Of course I see something wrong with that, but I live in the real world where people are spineless pussies and almost always try and find a new partner before they break up with their current one unless things are absolutely intolerable. Speaking from experience, here's how most people do relationships, via QBasic format=>

10 Start relationship with X
    20 Interest in X escalates
    20 Interest in relationship with X wanes
    30 Start looking for something new
    40 Find Y
    50 Decide whether or not Y > X
    60 If Y > X, Dump X, Fuck Y
    70 If X > Y, Goto 20 or 30

It's pretty widespread, gotta admit.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Well that's nice and all....but how about not just coming to grips that most people in relationships nowadays are idiots and try to do something morally right that is more beneficial for yourself in the long run?

18. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I did exactly that, I decided to stay and be happy single =D

19. iwishyouwerebeer

I'm not saying you in particular. I'm referring to you and the OP who is for some reason thinkng that date would be a good idea.

20. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I think the opportunity cost is in his favor, although chances of success aren't in the majority.

21. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

While i agree with you, I think you all are getting too caught up in the sex/love/relationship side of life. Sometimes its ok to just go and learn how to dance with a woman you have no real romantic posibilities with.

Having fun > *.

if learning how to dance sounds like the most fun way you are going to spend thursday night, then do it.

All of you who are saying "absolutely not", how often in your lives have you done something like this and really regretted it? In my experience Ive had a lot more fun saying "yes" to almost any experience. Lifes too short... its not outside the realm of posibility that if you skip this class you may never get salsa lessons. In addition the more friends you have the more of your friends friends you get to know, the more parties/events/activities you get invited to...

As long as you remember you know that you have plenty of girls to choose from and don't get hung up on this one just because you learned to dance together :greddy: you should be fine.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl:

23. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Glad someone got it lol.

24. iwishyouwerebeer

While I totally agree that it would most likely be a fun night overall...at the end of the date that's it. She goes home, still has a boyfriend, and he goes home thinking "man I really like her, we had so much fun! I hope she breaks up with her bf for me!"

If some guy in my class asked me to go to salsa lessons I would be thrilled and so tempted, but guess what? I wouldn't go with him because I love my boyfriend and would never want him doing something similar. Yes, this means her relationship might possibly suck anyhow, but my point from the beginning was that he should not test that theory by just going on the date with her. He should go with someone else and turn her down because why should she get his attention and free dance lesson when he's going to get anything from it at the end of the day other than her company and maybe a few new moves?

He admitted in the original thread that he would really like to date her. And while it's easy for him to say "I just want to have fun with her," we all know in the back of his mind that is not the only thing he's thinking. Maybe you and others have a stronger sense of well-being where you could be in this exact situation and at the end of the night be happy you had a good time....but from the sounds of it this kid will not feel that way.

25. giz

giz Active Member

:ugh::rofl:

He already stated he did not mind the idea of being "friendzoned." Why does everybody have this all-or-nothing attitude?