SRS fuck i need to stop smoking......

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PeteryPa[N], Oct 30, 2007.

1. PeteryPa[N]

PeteryPa[N] BMW E36 FTW

any ideas or helpful hints on quiting??

2. buninader

buninader SMILE!!! I just got ******!!!

in for hints

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Stay busy and remember you can always smoke again if you want to. Those seem to be the big ones.

It also helps to remember that as soon as you slip, you have to start over again.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

yes...search the first two pages of this forum for other threads on quitting.

There's already loads of sound advice given.

5. white2abbit2

white2abbit2 New Member

pick up smoking herb ;)

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Smoking weed makes my eyes itch and my neck hurt. Sucks, because it didn't used to. It's like it takes really obvious pain and makes it fade, and takes pain I barely notice and makes it seem a lot worse.

The fact that I could never find someone to smoke up with who would let me chill out and sit inside myself didn't help any. "Dude, come look at the colors in this Prince poster!" "Dude, listen to this song!" "Dude, I was just thinking about such and so and I just realized it really means this totally different thing!"

That's great. I can think and see and hear just fine normally. I want to zone out and NOT do those things, because I can't stop doing them when I'm sober.

EDIT: Thaaaaaat's probably not the right thing to be talking about in this forum. But hell...

7. Diesel Fumes

Diesel Fumes Guest

This works if you have a desire to smoke something...

My problem with smoking has always been that I needed it to occupy my mind for a few minutes. Just quit associating smoking with relaxation and realize that you only smoke to get the nicotine. Try the patch and go against all will to smoke again. Just keep it up. Be a complete bitch and be in a terrible mood, who cares. Just don't do it. But keep a nicotine source from somewhere else.

Another thing that helped me quit was putting away money. I smoked about half a pack a day and a pack of smokes costs about 10 bucks here. So every day I put away $5 into a jar or my savings account. Another way is to save up the money you don't use for smoking and modify your car or something. Indulge in something that makes you happy. Think of it as free money that you can spend on whatever you want. The only stipulation is that you can't start smoking again or else you cut off that supply of free money.

For me it works out to over 1800 a year. I've been smoke free for a few months now. About 4 I guess. I spent 900 bucks having the injection pump rebuilt on my car. That puts takes away money saved from about 6 months of being smoke free. But the result is a much better running car with way more power. It keeps me happy and I thank myself every day for stopping smoking because otherwise I would have been stuck with the stock injection pump for my car. See what im saying here?

Another good idea is to take a vacation with your saved money. After a year of smoke free you can spend a week all inclusive in a nice resort. Isn't that better than smoking? And damnit, smoking kills you and shortens your life. Why would you want to subject yourself to that? I know its hard to quit, but nothing justifies you to continue doing it. Unless you hate your life and want to die faster. Thats blunt and to the point, just as I intended it to be.