GUN FUCK! I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Painkiller, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

In light of the ban ending I orderd a new barrel A 16" M4 barrel chromelined and a FS. The original plan was to take my old barrel in my A2 upper out and put this new one in it's place. However I kinda want to build a A3 with a FF handguard. But this would cost me alot more than what I wanted to spend. Opinions? I think I'll just add a FF tube to this one and stick to the original plan.

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

sell your A2 upper, just the stripped upper and the barrel. buy a new bolt unless your old one is pretty new. use the old gas tube if you can get it out without ruining it. if you can't, get a new one. if your barrel came with a delta ring assembly, you don't need to buy a new one, just use the old one. basically, what i'm saying is to strip as much off the A2 as you can use for the A3, and sell the rest to help defray some of the costs of a stripped A3 upper.

3. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

Well I don't really want to sell it since my upper and lower are matched for the closest fit from the factory. Might as well keep it.

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

factory matching is a waste of money. it doesn't do anything extra. if you're really worried about it, you can buy a wedge to make it fit tighter.