SRS Fuck, I can't stop being so depressed!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Papa Sil, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

It's 3:00pm on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon and I just popped a beer open and took a shot of bourbon. I am in such a stupor, it's ridiculous.

I have absolutely no motivation to do anything.

I had a great day planned out and had actually done some fun things today. Ran some errands, took the dog and my camera to the park and walked around for a bit...

I then got home and found out that my ex-girlfriend is seeing another man. I know this seems crazy, right? She's my ex after all.. Well, we broke up 6 days ago :ugh:

It was more or less my idea to break it off. I was unhappy in the relationship, tried to work things out over a long period of time, yadda, yadda, yadda. Things just never worked out for the relationship. We just clashed. I loved her and still do lover to death, we just don't work being in a relationship.

I know I sound like a blubbering vagina. Not looking for any sympathy. I guess I just needed to get it out one way or another. I have no one I can talk to.

I've been depressed for a while now, but this is just killing me. It's putting me so far down into a slum I can barely see a way out.

I know I need to snap out of it, but I just don't know when that will occur.

My Dad's a doctor so I'm thinking about asking him to put me on anti-depressants. The reason for my reluctance for doing that is that I hate using a condition as a crutch, ya know? I've always been able to handle all of my problems, do everything on my own. I'm just drowning here recently, though.

Ahh!

Fuck.

2. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

Honestly, you don't need anti-depressants you just need to get laid. Call your friends and hang out with them, keep busy and try not to be alone, being alone you'll just think of her.

3. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

See... I gues you can say I've got "friends," but the majority of them are no longer living around here.

I have one friend that I hang out with every now and again, but no offense to him, he's kind of a drag. Dude is 26 and still a virgin :coolugh:

The guys a nice guy, but no one who can empathize with what's going on. Ya know?

I know I need to be around other people to get my mind off her. I know that all to well, it's just that I have no real opportunity to do so.

I'm also relatively reclusive. I've been this way for as long as I can remember. I take comfort in being alone and doing things on my own. Obviously, in times like these, there is no comfort to be had by do this, but it's just the way it's turn out :sadwavey:

4. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

I feel you :hug:

I think its about time you make new friends. What about people at work, school, the gym, etc. start befriending people that are of your interests.

5. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

Shit. I meant to post this in Asylum :mamoru:

MODS: Can I get a move, please?

6. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

Thanks Sgt. Friday :)