SRS fuck,how do i loosen up

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by buninader, Oct 30, 2005.

1. buninader

buninader SMILE!!! I just got ******!!!

i was just at a party where there was a good amount of dancing going on, and i was invited to dance by several women, but, i cant loosen up enough to go dance. Alcohol is out of the question, i am a recovering drug addict, and that was my means of losening up before. Im just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to let go, cuz i fail at that by myself. Any help is :bowdown:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Ya most people's souls are to tight in their bodies, you have to be a bit more Jamaican(without the drugs of course) , listen to their music and relax man.

3. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

Whenever i went to clubs i never ever used to dance, i was worried about all sorts of things, how i'd look, what should i do, etc etc.

One time i was absolutely out of it with all my friends all we all hit the dancefloor and we just had an awesome time, and people could see that and they wanted to get involved too.

If your worried you cant dance or anything like that, just tell the girl "im a horrible dancer", im sure they'll find it cute and lead you on down to the floor ;)

4. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Get out more. Sounds cliche'd, but it's the only way you'll get comfortable with it. Start by going out to clubs (country is best if you want to dance, and the women tend to be more friendly). Get a few drinks in you and wait for the girls to come. Or tell a female friend that you need to learn how to dance.

5. buninader

thats kind of what happened, they led me to the dance floor, and then started dancing, while i pretty much just stood there, not knowing what to do.

6. level99

level99 Guest

dancing is gay anyway. if u dont feel comfortable dancing, go to bars and stuff where you dont have to.

7. buninader

id like to be able to go to bars, but i dont want to put myself around alcohol, at least in that concentration, as i said, i am a recovering addict

8. johan

johan Active Member

If you were a great dancer, with great moves, I'm quite sure you wouldn't be self-conscious about going out on the floor. Nobody would laugh at your moves, because you'd actually be GOOD.

Given that, you know, dancing is a skill that can be learned.
    But I'm guessing you wanted a quicker fix, and not something simple like actually learning to dance?

9. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

Yeah the best way really is to just go for it. I highly doubt you are being judged on how you dance. I dont know who you hang out with, but chances are they all have a few drinks in them and the last thing they will be concentrating on is how well you dance :)

10. buninader

lol, you're not going to believe me when i say this, but it was an AA halloween dance, mainly people around my age though, yeah, i guess ill take a class at my community college next semester

11. GlassUser

Wrong answer. I wish I'd learned when I was younger. Girls love a man who can dance. And I don't mean this gay dance-off boy band crap. I mean that a girl will love it if you can take her to a social evening and take her around the dance floor a few times. Doesn't have to be anything special, just a little skill and a lot of confidence.

12. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Yes, I feel you, I too have dealt with this issue. I am also a recovering drug addict ... honestly it took practice going out to social events and dancing, and it still takes practice. Here's a few things I would suggest:

1. Take a ballroom dance class. This will help a lot, and it becomes fun after you gain a little confidence. The girls don't say no when you ask them to dance, which makes things that much easier.

2. Attend dances, and social outings involved with either Narcotics Anonymous or Alcoholics Anonymous. There is no alcohol here, and everyone else is an addict/alcoholic, many of whom are likely as scared as you learning to deal without drinking or drugging. The first place I finally felt comfortable dancing was at a Narcotics Anonymous convention.

3. Take some female friends with you to go dancing. It'll take the pressure off of you to impress anyone, and make you feel more comfortable.

Good luck, face your fears and they will eventually fade and possibly even dissappear.

13. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

By the way: Please post in Road To Recovery, it is always in need of a few more recovering addicts/alcoholics with a good message

Oh, and one more thing. Were you at the AA Halloween dance at Saturday Night Live? I went to that one also, I was dressed as an alligator/dinosaur.

14. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

want an idea of what else girls love? just a little bit of vulnerability and courage.

next time you get yanked to the dance floor - ask the lass taking your hand to teach you how to dance.

after that, take some courage. what is the absolute worst that can happen? you get embarrassed.

so?

embarrassment very very very very very rarely fatal...

hell, monica lewinsky is still alive, and she's "scarred for life"...

dancing, even if like the guy in "hitch" isn't gonna do any harm. :)

15. hezekiah

hezekiah New Member

Really if you just stood on the dance floor and snapped your fingers some people would probably think that was super cool.
    People are too self concious to think about what you're doing much...

16. buninader

why, yes, i was at the alano club, hmm

17. shankems2000

shankems2000 If you read everybody's user text and location, yo

Just 2 step to the beat and oh, bite your lip. ;)

18. buninader

well, i decided to take a dance class next semester at my college, couldn't hurt i guess

19. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

This nigga speaks the truth.

Remember thinking in JHS and HS the guys that could dance a bit or that played instruments were uber gay. Then I get to college and notice that they guys that can dance a bit were pimps. The ones that played gituar where Gods.

20. Paulie Walnuts

That is so cool that you had the courage to not only quit drugs, but then look how you turned it into a positive situation. Now you are out pimpin with the ladies cutting the rug. Thats so fucking cool. You made my day reading this post cudos to you sir.

21. Paulie Walnuts

No it will be very valuable, I am going to do that as well. And just because you are learning ball room dance doesnt mean that you could not use those skills in other forms, like rave or dance / club or even break dancin! You are learning rythm and that you are white and have that obstical to overcome. But you took the right first step. Go watch the move "A Guy Thing" and see Jason Lee's reaction after dancing with his big, male dance instructor.

22. Budha

Budha Guest

since you arent going to consume any liquid courage... I also suggest to bring some girls you are friends with to go out dance. See with them you wont be like as shy around them because you know them. I do this all the time, and it usually attracts more girls to jump in.

23. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

As mentioned before, take lessons.

I could not dance to save my life when I was 30 years old. I finally took swing dance lessons. It turns out I had so much fun, and met so many hot women, that I did it for two years.

Now when I go to a club I can use many of the skills I learned to dance, and believe me I get some attention.

I wish I had done it when I was much younger. ;)

24. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

stand against the wall and let them grind against you. :rofl:

it works. :o

25. GlassUser

Yep. Two things every real man needs to be able to do: play some good style of music on a mainstream instrument (baroque on piano, indy on guitar, jazz on something brassy), and dance with a partner with confidence. Do those and you're ahead of 95% of males.