Fuck getting sick

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Paintballny, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Yes... this is another one of those bitch and moan threads but fuck I've been out of commission for like a month now cause of fucking ragweed. Apparently I'm allergic to that shit which was causing me to become sick every other week or so and eventually lead to a severe sinus infection which shut me down with a high fever, severe sore throat, and a swollen tongue(wtf?). Now i'm on fucking Prednisolone which granted is making me feel good but the sides kinda blow (extreme thirst and apparently its fairly catabolic).

On the bright side my new gym is amazing and full of PLers and I'm a short drive from DPS nutrition.

2. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Take my advice and get it checked. Or atleast pop an antihistamine and see if it goes away. Running a high fever ~102-103 for a couple days straight and not being able to swallow cause it hurts insanely is not my idea of fun.

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I just got over a sinus infection and still have lingering symptoms.... I am hoping that it doesn't come back.

I had a sore throat, stuffy nose, headaches, 100 fever, cough, etc... It sucked. I just slept a lot, took a lot of dayquil + allergy meds, and IBprofen.

I still get the chills now and again and have a cough and some mucus. Sometimes this thing comes back for a round 2 and I really hope that does not happen this time.

4. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

I fell on my wrist in softball league Tuesday night and went to the doc Wednesday and got it xrayed but theres no fracture, so my lifting is going to take a little break

I was able to work out legs last night and I wore my wrist wrap around my wrist to help stabilize it

always something wrong with me :hs:

5. macro

macro New Member

if allergies are driving the issue, use of quercetin can help. it inhibits granulation in mast cells.

instead of blocking histamine receptors it works by inhibiting histamine release essentially

6. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Its actually what I'm on now and its the first allergy medicine to actually work for me. Thanks for the heads up though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.