SRS fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by frazlee, Sep 23, 2008.

1. frazlee

frazlee New Member

where to begin...
    one of my family members just blew my engine up in my car(he cant afford to replace and nether can i atm).
    been jobless for the past month, still searching
    so far behind on bills about to lose everything
    women problems
    and i hate my life.
    Seriously does life get better at some point? Seems like I have been getting dumped on since birth. I just feel like giving up :wtc:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

First of all, forget about women right now, you have far bigger problems.

What kind of jobs have you been looking at?

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:hug: Hang on even tho its hard.

Look you always have us, and we'll be there for you.

If cars mean everything to you a blown engine might feel like your world gets blown apart,but in the end its just a piece of machinery that can be replaced. Don't worry about it just leave it for the moment, money you don't squander on the car is money you can use for something usefull else instead.

http://www.us.randstad.com/ goto your local job agency and let them also do some job searching for you. Have a good look in the newspapers, and activly search out on job oppertunities out there.

Once you get a job, start a course on studying for a diploma that will improve your chances in the job market and will put you in a better position in life.
    You do it in order to improve your life, that should be your motivation.

Once you have a job or even now, post your finances here, and we'll start making a financial plan for you to pay off the outstanding debts.

There's a whole lot we can do to improve your situation with the ladies, and improve your spirituality so that you can become a happier person.

You still got yourself and nothing is lost. :love:

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Let's rank them in order of importance:

1. and i hate my life.
    2. been jobless for the past month, still searching
    3. so far behind on bills about to lose everything
    4. one of my family members just blew my engine up in my car(he cant afford to replace and nether can i atm).
    5. women problems

Now, see my response to each number:

1. Hating your life probably means that you hate yourself in some way. You probably hate yourself because you don't really know who you are. Spend some time figuring out what you like to do, what you see yourself doing in the future, and make a list of goals for yourself--both short term and long term. Make long term goals first and then for each long term goal, break it down into smaller, more manageable goals that you can accomplish NOW.

2. Jobs aren't extremely hard to come by if you are willing to do anything to pay the bills. Sometimes you have to eat crow and do stuff you don't like to make ends meet. When you put an application into a place, don't just wait for them to call you. Get proactive and call them once a week until you get an interview. AFter your interview call them once a week until you get the job. Apply everywhere and don't get discouraged.

3. Take control of your finances. First of all, grab all your bills and list them smallest to largest. Get them in front of you so you know exactly what you need to pay and when. Also, look at your checkbook and take note of what you are spending your money on (or what you have spent your money on) and cut out ALL unnecessary expenses. When you get an income rolling, make minimum payments on everything but the smallest one and then focus all your attention on the little one until you get it paid off. When you pay it off, take all the leftover money from that one and add it to the next one on the list until it is paid off. Lather, rinse, repeat until you are out of debt. This is called the "Debt Snowball" and is one of the few things Dave Ramsey knows his shit about.

4. Do what you can to get your car fixed. You'll probably need a car to get to work, so even if you have to borry money from a friend to pay for it, go it. If you can find a job near where you live so that you can walk or take the bus to work, then you really don't have to worry about this until you get the money to pay it.

5. If your woman is causing you grief, set her down and communicate with her. If you can't work out your issues, move on and don't look back. At this point in your life you don't need women headaches. You have far more important shit to worry about than finding or staying with a woman right now. Take care of the shit you need to take care of so that later you can focus on this area of your life.

It'll get better when you want it to get better and not a moment sooner. If it's not getting better, then you truly don't want it to get better or else you'd get up and do something about it instead of blaming everybody and everything for your problems.

Reading suggestions for you:

Career:

Your Personal Rennaisaince by Diane Dreher
    It's Called Work for a Reason by Larry Winget

Finances:

The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
    America's Cheapest Family Gets you Right on the Money by Steve and Annette Economides

Women:

The Book of Pook (google it and you'll find it)

Comprehensive:

Shut up, Stop whining, and Get a Life by Larry Winget

Good luck chief.

5. frazlee

frazlee New Member

Here is the whole situation, rent is covered so thats no worries...but the big problem is in live in a town thats 15miles from my college, any real jobs(only jobs my town has is at a grocery store and they are not currently hiring), and 15 miles from pretty much everything so being w/o transportation is really really killing me here. I have about 2 weeks worth of money left before I run out and I am behind on bills like a mofo. I am pretty much saving every penny I can right now but I have no earthly idea how I am gonna get my car fixed and I have been looking at any job available, I need any income I can get at this point but no luck so far.:squint:

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

So my question is, why are you living in that town? It seems to me that if you had a small rental place in the city you could search for a job each day more efficiently. I think that at this point its best for you to use public transport each day, and go towards the city and try to find a job each and every day.

In terms of fixing your car , 'maby' its true that both of you are unable to pay for it, but if possible there could be a compromise in that you lay down money, and he lays down money and that combined money together will hopefully be enough to repair your car. But its really not your nr.1 issue.

I would repair the car later on, just use public transport or a friend who can bring you to the city so you can do some job hunting. Even if its just a grocery job in the city, its better then your current position. Its time for some DRASTIC action.

7. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

I have a job lead for you if you really are located in NC. Shoot me a PM.

Anyway, at the moment, women problems are least of your worries. You need to tell your family member to pay up for the damages on the car. It doesn't matter if he (or she) accidentally blew up the engine or what not. If it was due to their fault and not because there was somethign wrong with the engine in the first place, then have them pay up. Comprise with them. Like have them do a monthly payment but do two different quotes for the damages and how much it's going to get done. If s/he doesn't want to pay up, small claims.

Get a job. Make sure you work your resume to whatever job you're applying for and don't be afraid to step outside of your boundaries.

Life gets better as time goes on and as long as you keep on trying. I'm living it.

I'm unsure how old you are but if you're young (around your early 20s mid 20s) then think about going back home. Pay a little rent to your parents and save money until you're good.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I doubt the town you live in ONLY has a grocery store. Is that all people eat? No gas stations, no McDonalds, nothing else? Or are you just skipping those because you don't want to work there?

9. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Fast food places will always hire because the turnover rate is so high. So do malls.

10. SuperGriff34

SuperGriff34 OT Supporter

shit, thats probably the best thing ive ever read :bowdown:

11. frazlee

frazlee New Member

My town has 1 stop light. That should explain enough, we have 2 places to eat at and I've hassled them for the past 3-4 weeks about a job and nothing yet and the gas station is family owned/run so I'm SOL in my town for now.:dunno:

12. myasylumname

myasylumname New Member

great list man

13. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Meh. I guess you don't really want that job lead.

... I don't mean to come off as a dickwad, but I'm so sick and tired of hearing people bitch about a situation that they can do something about but they're just too damn fucking lazy to do it. They just want to sulk and throw themselves a pity-party and invite others.

Listen, you know you're SOL in your town, so MOVE! Or find a job elsewhere that isn't too far to get to. If you're looking for a job in a deadbeat-nowhere town then get the hell out of there because I can't imagine you wanting to succeed in a town that small. Go somewhere that's boosting in jobs and apply.

You're just annoying the managers at the only 2 restaurants in town. Sure, persevere enough and MAYBE you might get a job there at a restaurant but seriously, get out of the town and find a job in a bigger community.

14. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

try getting a bike and riding it out of your town to school and a possible new job