MMA fuck fuck fuck

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Rob H, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rob H

Rob H New Member

i am so bummed right now. totally got gassed out in class today and couldn't finish. i felt so good at the end of class yesterday and we were doing the same thing today (guillotine chokes). Everything yesterday felt really good and today felt really awkward. Half way through class i noticed i was hearing an echo when my instructor was talking but kept on going.

Once we got to guard drills i started to fatigue, couldn't keep my opponent in my guard for the life of me and couldn't pass his guard. End of the night was me getting tired and sloppy and caught in a triangle choke right as drills ended. I got up everything started spinning and was seeing dots and lights flashing. Had a difficult time walking straight and was told to sit out the last round of guard drills. I was so bummed out and felt so dejected being the only one sitting on the side. :(

2. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

just go back again tomorrow and make sure to get enough food into your body for energy.

Don't let this small shit stop you, it happens.

3. Rob H

Rob H New Member

unfotunately i can't make class on Wed. and the school is closed from Thursday-Sunday for the BJJ Championships in Long Beach this week. Won't be able to get back till monday to forget about tonight.

4. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

How about you go punish yourself in the gym.
    Weights and running or swimming. That's the kinda stuff I cross train with on non fight training days.

5. Rob H

Rob H New Member

that's the plan, but what I really want is to get back on the mat and redeem myself for tonight.

6. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

I reckon Ice might be the answer.

7. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

Shit man, if this is the first time that you couldn't finish then it's way better than I'm doing. I can complete the classes when we're just doing drills the whole time, but I haven't been able to complete a single class where we've done a bunch of rounds just rolling. I always end up sitting out about a round :(

and hey, am I the only one that gets really sore knees after a hard training session? Some days I wake up in the morning and can hardly even walk until I do a whole lot of stretches. I hope that this is only the punishment I'm getting for being totally inactive for 3 or 4 years and that eventually my knees get more used to being on the mat for such a long time. It's holding me back right now because I'd like to be in the gym every day, but sometimes I'm forced to take a break because my knees are so sore and I wouldn't want to push it to the point of injury.

8. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

are you a white belt?

if so, its not time to think about being good or redeeming yourself, or any of that.

9. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

everyone has an off night. when i dont drink enough water, i get dehydrated as fuck, and once your'e dehydrated, you can't do anything crisply. now i drink plenty of fluids. shrug it off and look at it in the scale of your experience and future experience, it's not going to matter.

10. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

im right there with ya about being hard on myself man. I'm a white belt with like 2 months in it and a new guy came to class mon. night. He was about 50lbs up on me (most people I roll with are), but he went through me like butter. I dont know what it was but I could just not do anything to this guy and he had never trained before, where usually I can last 2 or 3 minutes with a blue belt before getting subbed.

I'm still bummed about that...

11. Rob H

Rob H New Member

my instructor told me not to worry, it was part of the game and it's like a wave, you have your days when you are at the crest and days when you are in the valley. What bummed me out the most was what I did on Monday and felt so comfortable with felt completely different last night as if I had just worked on it for the first time.