Fuck commercial gyms

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Merck, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merck

Merck New Member

Oh, sorry - I meant "wellness clubs."

It's well established that not one person at my gym has a fucking clue of what they are doing, aside from like three or four guys which are tightly knit and like to lather each others chocolate starfishes every time we come in with heavy cocoa oil...

But Jesus Christ the trainers and owner of this gym are morons.
    Today I was ROWING.

Barbell fucking Rows.

With low enough weight that I was able to set it down normally no problem, nice and controlled - about 265.

Yet this dumb bitch trainer, training a fat middle aged fuck-pig whore for $50/minute had the audacity to complain to the owner - which proceeded to come downstairs (where the squat racks are conveniently placed right beside the hip adductor machines and the pink medicine balls) to TELL me, not ASK me, to not drop weight. Hilarity ensued. The owner, who regularly is seen wearing short shorts and training with his mother and father in a gym he supposedly owns himself, telling me not to drop weight.

When asked what he was talking about; generic response: someone upstairs complained (where all the vaginas go to read Jane Austen novels while mastering stairs).

When asking why dropping weights (hypothetically in this situation) was not 'allowed' and saying that this was a gym; I was told that it was not - in fact - a gym.

It's a 'health club'.

I've had it wrong from the beginning.

/rant
    /:wtc:

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

just ignore them till they tell you your membershit is terminated then find someplace that doesn't suck

3. tantrum

tantrum New Member

"fuck-pig whore" :bowrofl::bowrofl:

4. mandrew

mandrew New Member

never had that problem at any of the gyms around here.... then again if you're BB rowing 265 you're probably pretty large and they may be discriminating against you for this. If some fat old guy was dropping 135lbs when doing ME deadlifts he might not be asked to stop, because it's not going to intimidate other members... But because you're big they discriminate because they don't want the middle aged out of shape folks who are easily intimidated (and who are also the main customer base for personal trainers) to be scared/embarassed to go to a gym because there's big strong people there. If they lose your service their business may actually go up. :dunno:

Thankfully I've never had that experience because I'm skinnyfat :o

5. Merck

Merck New Member

I'm not horribly big and don't really care because I don't lift for huge shining glistening peaks, but am rather training for SM, but yes, size is a byproduct of it all. I'm like 6'2, 240 lbs at a mid-teens bodyfat %. I'm a big guy but by no means a beast, more in-between. I don't get it.

6. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

should've taken a shit on the floor right there in front of them

7. Merck

Merck New Member

SHIT ON THE OWNER

like a BAWSSSSS

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

9. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

Yea they're a pain in the ass. Usually no one says anything to me about deadlifts but the other day some guido, gyno-having faggot employee bitched at me for using chalk at Ballys.

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

haha, i lift shoeless 50% of the time nobody gives a fuck at my gym. at least not big of a enough fuck to say something to me.

<3 golds

11. mandrew

mandrew New Member

I do deads shoeless as well... Nobody's ever said shit to me about it not even trainers who are standing 3 feet away.

12. Abomb

Abomb New Member

squats, deads, rows, and standing military bb i <3 shoeless

oh and any calf exercise

13. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

That's just it, I know the gym I go to with a mate is like this. I was quoted once it was a 'family gym' when asked for more weights. They want the mummy that comes in once, but has signed up for a year. No-one that actually works out.

I'd do a dead-lift and drop it from the locked out position. See 'em come runnin' then.

Props on the 265 bb rows though :)

14. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

The Golds I go to is pretty much anything goes downstairs(the main area). Old people and women work out upstairs, and thats where most of the staff is.

15. Merck

Merck New Member

thats the thing

i work out downstairs

old people are up top and so is the cardio shit so clearly these "complaints" are just from this dumb bitch trainer who thinks she owns the right to the universe (a common issue among over-exposed inbred canuck girls raised in upper and middle-class suburbia)

16. mandrew

mandrew New Member

there's your problem. gtfo of canada.

17. Merck

Merck New Member

I plan on it.

18. filho do deus

filho do deus New Member

why. what benefits does it offer vs shoes?

19. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

Stability, you can push all your weight evenly across your feet naturally. I do my heavy deads with no shoes. But I've gotten better shoes recently, more flat. But you still feel the benefit of bare feet, that's for sure.

... or how they feel for me.

20. noogles

noogles OT Supporter

one of the flat screen tvs at the cardio/rowing area wasn't working today. a woman sits down about to row then sees that the tv isn't working and starts complaining about how she has nothing to watch.

21. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

That would be the first plan of action. :mamoru:

I've never really had much of a problem with this. My commercial gyms say that if you drop DB's you automatically get your membership terminated (there's like 2 signs saying this in the free weight area. I doubt they actually do this, but I can see the precaution with DB's since if you drop them on the corner they can tumble and roll several feet and maybe injure someone.

I've never had an issue with barbell stuff though. Nor have I had any issues with DL's shoe-less in commercial gym or university gym.

22. Spartan

Spartan OT Supporter

golds is a fucking warzone filled with roid monkeys
    i love it

23. Bodhi

Bodhi My crotch is red .. my lambos blue .. and ill be g

.. I hate hearing about people complaining or crying about noise in a gym .. but .. the stereotype exists because of a chosen few that act like egomaniacs ..

.. the problems that most gyms are aiming to have as many people as possible pretending to know what they're doing and like i heard one body builder say .. its almost like they're phasing out the real deal guys in it for the best possible results .. most of the hardcore guys live it like a religion .. and they get pissed when some tool acts like a pompous queef in church ..

24. Abomb

Abomb New Member

stability, power, confidence of feeling the ground beneath your feet, and ahnold

25. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

speaking of ahnuld you shouldve done a ahnuld immitation and said; "STOP WHINING"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.