SRS fuck cigarettes

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by victimizati0n, Sep 10, 2009.

1. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

i got a cold all of a sudden on tuesday, it just hit me, and after hacking my lungs up i decided yesterday i was going to try and quit smoking (again)

its been almost 24 hours.. i believe i had my last smoke around 5:00 yesterday

i did fairly well yesterday, it was a bit tough when driving home from a friends house, because when im driving i always have a smoke

i also did well this morning, i usually have 3 or 4 smokes before my morning routine, but with none, i was fine

its just really starting to hit me now, i really fucking want one, i am clenching my teeth so hard they are starting to hurt, chewing gum nor eating candy is really doing anything for me

how many days did it take you guys to not get anymore cravings?

hopefully i can quit, i know im not coming into this with the right attitude, but we will see what happens.. this is the first time i have tried to "quit" and was serious about it..

9-09-09 will hopefully be my last day :hs:

2. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

just for the hell of it i checked my resting heartbeat and its between 72-78, which is fucking amazing because every other time i checked it when smoking it would be in the 90's :ugh2:

i also am seeing that i can breath pretty effortlessly now, like there is no resistance of the air going in my lungs

i k now it havent even been 2 days yet, but i feel "lighter" for some reason.. i dont know how to explain it... maybe it is because i have been sick and im getting over that, im not really sure

3. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

I was in the same boat just a day ago (sick for over a week).. unfortunately I couldn't beat the non-smoking thing while I was sick :(

I hate smoking and wish I could quit. Keep at it man.

4. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

i have no idea why, but i am doing really well.. i am having cravings, but its not like im going to go insane and start shooting people.. i think its because i keep reassuring myself if i need on there is a gas station right down the road, and i keep telling myself that i will have one a bit later, instead of telling myself NO YOU CANT HAVE ONE

the only other times i have tried to quit is when i was sick, and i could never do it because i would get even more sick and feel worse when all of the shit was breaking up in my lungs

5. havelegs

havelegs Active Member

I'm going to try to quit very soon. I smoke less than a pack a day, probably 12-15 if that. Would you recommend the patch? I spend a lot of time alone so I am bored a lot and there's a not a lot to keep my mind off of it..

6. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I'll give you the same advice I give any of my friends who want to quit smoking and don't want to do it cold turkey: Start smoking Bugler or Top rolling tobacco. First off, rolling tobacco takes alot of the convenience out of smoking. It's easy to smoke when you've got a pack of 20 already rolled, you'll be less inclined to smoke all the time when you have to get out a paper and roll it up each time. Secondly, Top and Bugler are absolutely awful. You get what you pay for, and that shit is usually $2.50 a pouch. There's no way you'll want to smoke 20 cigarettes a day of that shit. I went from maybe half a pack of Marlboros a day to only 1 or 2 cigarettes a day when I switched to Top. You'll get your nicotine fix to cut down the cravings, but you definitely won't look forward to smoking.