FRK FS Invite only?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by psalm, Oct 14, 2004.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Great idea!

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Bad idea!

41 vote(s)
    67.2%
  3. Good idea, but some changes must be made to it..

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. psalm

psalm Thanks niquesuave06 for the AV

Just out of curiosity, how many people would want FS to be an invite only forum. I'm not even sure that it would be possible, but I assume it would be.

Say someone wants access, they could simply PM someone or a mod with access and get an invite, if they start posting :barf: to everything.. remove their access?

It would solve the outpouring of lame responses to posts, and imo bring FS back to the serious discussion of FS.

I for one don't like posting/sharing much in here anymore because it always seems to find its way to the main OT forum.

Thoughts?

2. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

I voted bad idea. I still think this should be an open forum. I would vote for more mods, stricter moderation, FS supermod though.

3. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

awesome/great idea.. cuz people go into FS and post the stupidest shit ever not even relating to FS

4. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

i disagree.. most of the time these mods ban just because they want to.. even the supermods.. i think we have enough mods as it is... now if they were really serious about their title, then yes.. but since most of them are just power crazy.. no

5. wannaseemysocks

wannaseemysocks I Have Big Socks...

i like the idea. but im not convinced it would work. how could we get new members? you never know if someone is going to be retarded or if they are going to add to the forum. but there is potential there to make it work.

6. psalm

Well what I was thinking was you would automatically get accepted if you show interest, but you could quickly have that privilage taken away if you act out.

7. wannaseemysocks

i see. that would require alot of moderation. if the mods are up to it then i think its a great idea.

8. psalm

Some examples of the current active posts...

Well.. here's where I'm coming from.

------------------

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1354837
    Orig post: "Any ladies want to watch...let me know and I will give you my screen name ;)"

Responses:
    "no" <- guy
    "girls might want to...no guys" <- guy
    "This post was intended for any girls who want to watch....If you do...let me know." <- Orig. poster having to defend himself.
    "Being a guy, i would say no..........but from a womans stand point, i would say it would depend on whether or not that infection is gone....hmmmm" <- no comment needed

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1339286
    Orig post: "This fantasy came to mind yesterday - tell me what you guys think about it! (story cut to save space)"

Responses:
    "the average guy releases 2 gallons of cum IN HIS LIFE i dont know if that would work."
    "This thread is missing something." <- let me guess, pics?
    "cum = :barf:"
    "not my cup of tea... but i guess if i was into rollin around in my own cum, it would sound appealing lol"
    "i think you should sell it tot he governemt so they can build an army of clones to send to iraq"

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1349700
    Orig post: "role playing costumes?"

Responses:
    "use your dungeon and dragons costumes.

"I CAST LVL 100 DICKSPLOOGE!""
    --------

It seems like the only posts that DONT get shit responses are posts that really could be in vaginarium, as they aren't really freaky. FS didn't use to be like this.

9. Mr.wonderful

Mr.wonderful Guest

thats a dumb idea, I'm a lurker, and when I respond, its not with Barf. I'm not a fucking kid.

sheesh. talk about elitist.

10. psalm

Yeah, but you could easily just get access the way I'm proposing it. It's not like you'd be locked out.

:dunno:

You act like I was personally assaulting you or something.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  11. wannaseemysocks

i see your concern

12. xela

xela So say we all!

I like this idea, I think it would make me feel more comfortable posting....

13. ASIANPRIDE

ASIANPRIDE OT Supporter

Well invite me then....cuz I'm pure freak....

14. Teh Jebus

Teh Jebus Active Member

I say bad idea.

15. Assman

Assman Guest

I dunno how I would ever get invited in :( I'm a clost FS'er and don't post much.

16. f00l

f00l Active Member

i would like it to be open

17. psalm

For those of you that want it open, can you provide reasons?

18. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

There might be some people (like a few of the lurkers who just posted) that are interested but don't want to have to PM some stranger to gain access to the FS forum.

19. danromboj

danromboj New Member

What's the differance between an open forum, and an invite forum that automatically allows access on request.

Oh, let me guess, you can lose your access. Isn't this what moderators are for?

Requiring people to request access will result in a lot of access requests. Once access is available, you are back to square one.

Go to extremely strict, almost harsh moderation for a few (3-4) weeks. One infraction, short couple day ban. Repeat offences lead to progressively longer bans. It would limit negative commentary, and casual derisive commeteers would eventually get tired of wasting time.

This forum NEEDS to be free from negative feedback, except as noted in the guidelines re: health concerns, et cetera.

20. psalm

True. Is there a way to restrict access to people that don't play by the rules to just this forum then? Because that's the ultimate goal in what I'm proposing as banning them from OT in general isn't as easy to justify.

21. danromboj

danromboj New Member

No clue on that one. I just found out about OT about a month ago. The threat of losing all OT access should help prevent maliciousness.

This is a subforum. Kinda like breaking the law in a town and getting kicked out of the state.

How serious is the issue. Has the sub-forum degradedthat much? If so, take a stand.

22. psalm

Well, to be totally honest, this forum is nothing like it used to be imo. It used to almost never have people coming in and being asses. You'd still get the occaisional tard who would take pics from here and post them in the main forum but there wasn't the huge influx of pointless posts like is the case now. Most all discussions were serious, if someone didn't like someone elses freakyness they'd just leave it alone, now we get stupid comments.

:dunno: maybe it's just me, but it feels like a totally different environment.

23. copiertalk

copiertalk Secure Our Borders! OT Supporter

it does seem different even with my short stay here. if this happens be sure to invite me. i cant live without my daily F/S read. its more important than the newpaper. i know i dont post much, maybe in the future.

24. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

true story. Haven't thought of a solution that has no negative effects yet, but the current influx is a big negative on its own.

25. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

in a way, I think you kind of are

what lurker, who rarely posts anyway, wants to take the time to have to type a PM to whatever mod happens to be on at the time (and what if they've just left and it hasn't auto-logged them out yet) and then have to sit and wait for approval before they post

no way, not cool imo, not cool at all

I don't like the bullshit threads and replies anymore than the rest of you, but I'd rather ignore them or edit them than risk the loss of some of our lurkers who only feel the need to post once in a great while, they should have that right without the hassle

this is the internet, not your hometown, not your neighbors, not your best friend, it's made for people all over the place to talk about all sorts of stuff

if you don't have the balls to talk about what you want here then you don't, I personally could care less what of mine gets dragged up to the main forum because I simply don't give a fuck what they think up there, let them be entertained by me if they want, and I've met a ton of them already so for me it's not as anonymous as it is for many of the rest of you

to me, part of what's freaky about f/s is people not hiding what they are or what they like, not being ashamed of it

there will always be assholes, and asking for persmission into the forum won't stop them, they ask, we'll allow, they'll be dicks and we'll have to edit them out the same way we do now, there is no way to tell if someone is going to play nice and fair till they actually start posting