GUN FS: FN FNAR .308 semi-auto rifle

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vwpilot, Jul 1, 2009.

1. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

FN FNAR .308 semi-auto heavy barrel rifle. Has a 20" fluted heavy barrel and I've put less than a 100 rounds through it. Shoots very accurately and softly. I just need to fund other things and will stick to the bolt gun for my .308 shooting.

You can get info on FN's site here. http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF049&gid=FNG022&mid=FNM0137

They are going for about $1350-$1500 on gunbroker right now, will let go for $1200 shipped to your FFL. Includes 3 20 round magazines which are very heavy duty and run about $60/each. Also has all comb and butt pads for custom fit.

Will also consider partial trade for an SV or STI open gun or AR-10 SASS style rifle.

Scope not included but can be added if interested in it. Millett TRS-1 4-16 x 50.

Please email [email protected] in addition to posting here to make sure I am notified. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

what do the mags look like? things ugly, no offense

3. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

4. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

My dick twitched for a second... I read the title as ".308 FN SCAR for sale"

5. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

That was my initial question and the comment that came to mind, so I just didn't post:mamoru:

6. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Go to the link that I posted to FN's site and you'll see them. They are rectangle black mags that hold 20 rounds, much like an FAL mag.

The gun is not the most "tacticool" looking rifle and the stock is a little strange looking. However, its extremely comfortable, you can change the comb height and the stock length of pull as well as the offset left or right of the stock to get a very custom fit. When its shouldered, you dont care what it looks like, its just very comfortable.

Its a great shooting gun, I've just had my eye on an open gun for some time and think I'd get more use out of something like that, and put the AR10 up there as well for possible trade just cause I always wanted one of those too. I do virtually all .308 shooting with my bolt gun so this sits more than its used and if I can turn it into an open gun, why not?

But, if you're more worried about the way the gun looks than how it shoots, its probably not the gun for you. If you want a sub moa .308 rifle, its a ton of gun for the money.

7. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

i'd have a REAL hard time paying $60 for mags

8. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

You dont have to, I'm including 3. Two are never used BNIB. They'll come down as well once the gun becomes a little more available. Right now, the mags have actually been almost impossible to find.

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

My magazines for my SVI open gun range from 100-150$ each. They sell "tuned" magazines for $700 for a set of 4.

$60 for a mag is cheap. :)

10. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Tell me about it. I just bought 6 Grams follower/spring kits and 5 Dawson base pads for my limited SVI and spent over $260. That didnt even include the mag bodies.

These FN mags are built like tanks too. They decided to not use FAL mags for the gun when they designed it cause they wanted something more reliable and sturdy. These things are solid for sure.

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Free bump.

I've seen your pics before, and didn't know it. Props to having a fucking badass job, and doing really well at it.

You can send me my "thank for the bump" prints in the mail, btw.

12. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

he really sucks at shooting the same IDPA match that I'm at, though.

13. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Yeah, my day job takes me away from shooting most of the summer. Sitting in another hotel tonight typing this now.

Get off the IDPA crap too and come play uspsa. I shot that on Sunday.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  14. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

as much as i suck at IDPA, USPSA would be hilarious.

15. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Naw, not really any different in terms of skills. Just different way of shooting. You'll suck just as bad in USPSA as IDPA, you wont suck any worse. ;)

Open to offers, can really use the cash right now.

16. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

I wish my paychecks were bigger. I want some .308 :(