GUN FS: Beretta 84F, Mossberg 500A

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kellyclan, Oct 7, 2002.

1. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

500A's rock, but i have no money.

3. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

sweet... but you'd go to prison if you sold it to me :)

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Guest

ack.. can't find the specific link.. how much for the 84?

5. kellyclan

6. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Have any other photos of the SAR8? How's the accuracy of it? Does it already have the weaver rail on the top? Bipod lug?

Kind of interested...

Edit: I guess I should say "generally, how is the accuracy of it as compared to the SAR-8 HBCS (heavy barrel counter-sniper)?"

7. kellyclan

As i said, i've never fired it, but by all accounts i've heard, it's accuracy is excellent for a battle rifle. It IS, after all, an H&K, save for the Springfield lower. ;)

While perhaps not up to par with the PSG-1 derived HBCS, it is my understanding that with a good 6x or 10x scope, it would serve admirably in the role of sustained medium range precision fire out to 600yrds or so. This is what i bought it for, but i've decided i want to reach all my goals for my short range AR-15 system before moving up. (Yes, btw, the PSG did in turn come from the same G3 rifle as the SAR8, but i'd say the changes were enough to make it a unique system)

It does have a Weaver rail attached from the factory, i don't have any rings or optics for it.

i'll get some more pics up within an hour or two.

8. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

PICS!!! :mad: :p

Funny, I've been thinking about a good AR-15 based close to low mid-range rifle...I was contemplating one of the "flat top" ar-15's from Bushmaster, but their lack of prices on the websites haven't been encouraging. I've also considered the USC with a shortened barrel and a good 1-4x red dot scope coupled with a good light unit, however I don't think that the ATF would appreciate me doing that :o

9. kellyclan

i took six more pics of the SAR8 for ya, tried to get some details you asked about. They're between 125-200k though, shoot me an email address i can mail them to you at. The OT price is $1100 plus $15 shipping. :wiggle: To someone from the site here, i'll take a little bit of a loss.

:big grin: Don't let that Bushmaster page fool you, they're very reasonable. Mine is the Shorty AK A3 (A3= flattop) variant. It came to about $815 with my state's 6% tax included. Saved about $100 since i ordered it without the handle, which would end up in a drawer anyway. My local dealer didn't have it in stock and it wasn't on his computer of available models, but a check on the website and a call to his distributor comfirmed it could be ordered. You can see the newest addition, a GG&G MAD rear sight here. And below was a tricky shot of the sight picture, through the MAD sight and the Reflex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2002