TAT Frustrated! How hard can it be?!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DreamDemon, Mar 4, 2006.

1. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

For the last few months I have been SEARCHING for a damn 1/2" 14g straight barbell to replace the one I found on accident that I LOVED. The bottom ball stripped out or something weird happened and I can't get a regular 14g stainless steel ball to fit on the bottom.

I also dont want to ruin the acrylic ones I have, seeing as they do seem to stay tight (don't want to swallow it you know). But it seems like all my acrylic beads are HUGE.

It's so annoying. I went to my local piercing parlor, and they looked at what I ws looking for and decided I was crazy, I even hit up Claires and Hot Topic. Just HOPING....I FINALLY found a site (www.hollywoodbodyjewelry.com) that carries exactly what I'm looking for, and at a dirt-cheap price. Apparently though, they only sell to people who own a business or whatever since they sell their stuff at wholesale prices.

Everything else I have found ... This makes me soooo mad-- like $15.00 for one stupid thing. And I"m not even sure what it is I'm buying since after all this is the internet. Does anyone-- I REPEAT: ANYONE-- know where I can find what I'm looking for without being raped on the price?

Help. Please.

No cliffs. I had to rant.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

$15 is being raped for jewellery? be glad you don't buy jewellery at my shop. a 14g 1/2" SS BB will run you about $40CDN. A good quality barbell isn't going to be cheap.

3. willisJ

willisJ what u talkin bout?

you're looking for an entire new bar right??..

$15 is really cheap to find something, shoulda done that. Most places i've been to / seen online are around 25-30 for a 1/2" 14 ga. bar. Any reputable shop should have a 14 ga bar in 1/2" length, it's not really that large or uncommon..

4. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

Omg really? I can go to my local piercing shop and get any other thing that I've ever needed for $8 or less. Talking stainless steel of course, nothing fancy. I've never had a problem with any of their stuff.... I wouldn't think that it would be low-quality.

I went in there though, and like I said, they thought I was crazy... He's like, "hmm... I've never seen one that size before" (I pretty much thought HE was crazy...but I also know he was new to working there)

Anyway, thanks for the replies I guess.

I managed to buy a 3/8" 16g the last time I bought stuff, so that's whta I have in now. It doesn't feel as comfortable as the 1/2, but it's not pinching or anything. I guess I'll just have to wait it out until I can find something better in town.

5. willisJ

willisJ what u talkin bout?

$8??... damn. it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have or be able to get a 1/2" 14ga bar.. go back and ask somebody else working there?

6. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

Yeah, problem being I dont live in that town anymore (but it's still "home"). I might have to do that when I'm there over spring break though. But I also know how they do things. They have all these catalogues (sp?) that customers can go through and pick out things they want that the store doesn't carry. However, it they only place an order when the "list" gets long enough. Who knows how long that will be. Frustrating really..

On another note, I'm in the process of stretching my ears. I made it to a 12g today (whoooo hooo I know! haha) But not too bad considering they were pierced at an 18g and I'm doing it the right way.

7. 667

667 Guest

:rofl: being raped for $15

:ugh:

8. tonyk

tonyk New Member

9. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

Not appreciating the snotty comments. It must just be me that thinks that $15 for a little tiny piece of metal is kinda stupid. Or maybe it's just that I'm kinda short on money compared to my old job and... I dunno.

Anyway, I TOTALLY forgot about painfulpleasures even though they have been mentioned many times in this forum and FS. Thanks for that one :)

10. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

On more question.

What exactly does:
    1/4" 6mm with 3mm balls mean?

That the length is 1/4 inch, ?? and the balls are 3 mm?

After someone answers that question, what should I be looking for?

11. tonyk

tonyk New Member

i THINK the 6mm is just the metric equivalent of 1/4" since not everyone is using our american standard measurement, and the balls 3mm big. i think 3mm balls are tiny and hard to screw in so i go for 4mm balls.