MIL From military to police officer : background check?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Socrates, May 27, 2007.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Does anyone know how much police departments look into your military history? Just look at DD-214, or do they call previous commands and so on?

This is assuming the future cop meets the requirements of being a police officer BECAUSE of his 2+ years active duty.

2. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

From what I know, they onlt look at your discharge. If it was honorable, no problem. Other than honorable and they're gunna wanna look into it (some other than honorable discharges are acepted. Dishonorable = not a chance.

3. s3rca

s3rca New Member

dont forget the polygraph , anything is open season

4. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

They do a local records check. I'm an MP, and I have background investigators comming in here all the time to get them.

5. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

You military history will come out in the interview portion during the application process. It's best that, if you had some hiccups during your career, you are upfront with it. Call it an "Integrity Check."

6. SW20 Nick

U can beat those in court. I know of some1 personally who passed one and raised several red flags. The key is consistency; u say something, you STICK TO IT. As soon as u say u lied, they shitcan u. Why? Now they know u r capable of lieing to them, don't matter if u came "clean" in the end. Also, lie detectors are far from 100%

7. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

What he said.
    I had an honorable and was only asked what I did in the Air Force (career wise) but didnt get ask any in depth questions during the process`

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

My problem is I was in the military a little less than 2 years. In order to be a police officer in my city, you have to have at least 2 years in the military.

I was in the Marines infantry for a year and a half, before being medically discharged. 100% fixed now though.

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Also, on my DD214, it only shows my last command dates, but it never says anything about my enlistment date. It does show my discharge date though.

10. SW20 Nick

What about basic? I'd even see if u could use your dep time, technically you were in the military and you could have been called....but u def can use the time from the day u shipped for basic to the day u were discharged on paper.