SRS From Bio-medicine to Medicine , possible ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spirito, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Spirito

Spirito New Member

Hi guys ,

i wonder if anyone knows , if its possible to tranfer (change course)
    from Biomedical Sciences (Biomedicine) to Medicine or Dentistry after the 1st year ?

thanks ! :x:

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

THAT IS TOTALLY FUCKING CRAZY! NO WONDER ITS IN THE ASYLUM! YOU ARE A MAD MAN!!! AHHHHHHH!!! LOOK AT THE CRAZY!

Its specific to your area, man. In the US or Canada you can do whatever you want.

3. johan

johan Active Member

Well at my school, biomedical was part of the faculty of science. in other words regular old shit.

Medicine is (obviously) faculty of medicine.
    Dentistry is (again, obviously) the school of dentistry within the faculty of medicine.

My point here is that the latter two being a different faculty, had different (tougher) entrance requirements than to simply get into a science major (easy). If you meet the quals for getting into med...then sure, it's no problem.

But basically, you have to inquire at YOUR school, because the rules are often slightly different at each place. Go talk to the program / faculty advisor at the faculty of medicine. He/she has heard it all before, and more importantly, will give you authoritiative answers.

And if you don't meet the quals, it doesn't mean you're fucked. You just have to do some additional work to get in.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

your location says europe.... are you studying there or in north america?

most US students do a 'pre-med track' but major in anything from Biology to Economics (seriously, my old roommate was a pre-med student and an econ major). The entry reqs to med school usually are sets of classes, ie, 2 years chem, certain bio, physics etc.

fuck that shit, I'm a poli sci major :) but that's how the story goes stateside.