SRS Friendship problems...what's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shadowoperative, Apr 27, 2010.

1. shadowoperative

shadowoperative Rawest asian alive, so raw they call me sashimi.

I have these two best friends who still try to keep in contact with me but for some reason, i don't ever want to hang with them. The story behind these two are they used to be bf/gf for a long time and ever since i've known them i've hung out with them. I've been through both of their hardships, happy times and crazy drunk times. Then they broke up, and i had to choose sides, to me that was unfair and in that bull shit i guess i started to grow a little more a apart from them. I don't want to sound cocky but i've got a very large group of friends (no myspace facebook bullshit) and i started hanging with them more and time went on. So then we get older (now im 21) and they both go to college, and do their thing so they move to milwaukee which is about 30-45 mins away. I can't be driving out there all the time, but yet they still come out here and for somereason i can't figure out is why i dont want to hang but really i do...if you get what im saying. They are still my best friends but I also hang out with my other two best friends who are local. Well now they are both really grinding down on me to hang out. I don't want to lose this special childhood friendship but i can't figure out whats wrong with me.

2. Rellik

Rellik New Member

you feel you're better than them and they're old news. nothing wrong with you. fake it if u feel like it, if not they'll eventually get the message

3. shadowoperative

shadowoperative Rawest asian alive, so raw they call me sashimi.

well i know im not better than them since they both are succeeding in life right now...

heres what one of them recently said to me

LOOK U AND I R A TEAM AND U HAVENT HUNG OUT WITH ME IN A LONG TIME so if you want this team to stay together then you need to call youRE girl WTF

and my bro said

u have a better shot at having usher show up at your door with a dozen roses in the pouring rain asking if he can come inside than u do at having Sakky call u

shouldi just call them or is it too late?

4. johan

johan Active Member

You don't really want to hang out with them anymore.

You feel like you do because you're afraid to let go, and you don't have much else going on in your life at the moment. At least, not compared to them.

But hanging out with them carries its own problems.

So stop hanging out with them. Well, you're already doing that. But stop feeling bad about it.

If your life isn't going well, fix that. The past belongs in the past.