friends wedding? whats the registry?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tominos, Jun 12, 2006.

1. tominos

tominos New Member

my invite says they're registered at meir n frank, target, etc.

i've never been to a real friend's wedding before, always just family weddings. do we just bring one thing from the registry list or what? and how do i give it to them? before wedding, when we're there, or what?

2. tominos

tominos New Member

or should i get them a gift card? or is that impersonal?

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You bring it to the reception. There will be a box where you can insert cards into (so no one takes them) on the table that you place presents on.
    Buy from the registry or give them cash.

4. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Depending on if you are going alone or bringing a date....affects the amt of money/gift that you spend. You can buy a few cheaper things from the registery, or one single more expensive one. If you choose to buy from the registery and want to buy a handle of cheaper items adding up to a decent amt, buy now, before other people do the same thing.

5. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

screw the registry, its easier to buy them a card, write a little something, and put in a check. 85% of people do this at the wedding. The registry i woudl say is mostly for wedding showers and shit but people still buy stuff off of it for the wedding.

6. tominos

tominos New Member

i like this idea. how much should i give? i'm 21 if that makes a diff and they're22 n 20 maybe?

7. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

We got almost everything off our registry when we were married :dunno: I was happy. Part of them getting the gift is so we dont have to go out and get it later...kinda makes it nice.

Nice percentage though :hsugh:

We got a SHITLOAD of gift cards, but most are still sitting around to this day. The actual gifts are already in use. Take a few seconds and go to the store, look up their names, and get them something simple they asked for. Hell, most places you can look someones registry up online and order from your own computer! Many people did that for us from BedBathAndBeyond and we got lots of packages in the mail :bigthumb:

8. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

maybe $25 if you are gonna give money. If you get a gift, you will probably get off cheaper...unless they only registered for expensive crap, but ive rarely seen anyone do that. :dunno:

9. tominos

tominos New Member

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]J.A. Henckels International 8-pc. Stainless Steel Steak Set

Usually ships within 24 hours.

Cutlery FTW!!!

Damn, they registered expensive for target. :dunno: Good thing is when you register for alot of things, usually the store sends you a coupon you can use for like 10% off the things on your list people dont get you. I know pier one, badbathandbeyond, and linens and things did that. Not sure about target...we dont have one :(

11. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I thought you were suppose to give a gift relatively equalevant to the price of per plate. If its a nice place, you can assume they paid a decent amt per plate to have you there. Ex. $75 plate=somewhere around a $75 gift. Where are they having this wedding? If you bring a date, double the amt and buy a gift in that range. It's not a birthday party. I would think that $25 is much too little.

12. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

25 is too low in my opinion. I hope they registered at more places than just target. when is this wedding? I heard you are supposed to register for double the amount of items as guests. nothing worse than going to buy something and nothing left. I got about 250 on my registry right now. I plan on adding more.

13. tominos

tominos New Member

i think they're registered at meier and frank and bed bath and beyond too. i couldn't find the registry on m and f's website so i just went to target.com.

yeah, 25 seems super low to me too. i was thinking about getting them something in the 75-100 dollar range. and i don't think i'm gonna bring a date, are we supposed to bring dates? i thought it was like wedding crashers where you just go by yourself or w/ a buddy and hook up with super hot girls there :wiggle:

14. tominos

tominos New Member

you're in ptown? is that portland, oregon? thats what we call p town.

15. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

If you were invited with a date and wanna bring one, do. But make sure the invite said for you and guest. Stick with the 75-200 range(if u go by urself) so long as they arent getting married in the parking lot of the local 7-11:bigthumb:

16. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

Walmart registry ftw. When a good high school friend of mine got married. Their whole registry was at walmart. I went and bought them several various things on their registry. However, I went over to their house about a week after the wedding shower and they got like 4 of most of the stuff on their registry.

17. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

:dunno: When my friends got married last summer, my ex and I gave them $300.

18. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I thought items were generally taken off of the registry after they are purchased?

19. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

They should be....

:walmart:

20. tominos

tominos New Member

invite says only me i think. so no date? oh well.

21. The Secretary

exactly, I have a retarded walmart anyway. I hate dealing with stupid people and stores.

22. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

things get taken off the registry when you tell the cashier when you buy the item to take it off, otherwise, why woudl they take it off? They don't know you are buying it for a wedding unless you tell them that. If you don't tell them, they think its just for you.

23. The Secretary

What's the deal with the big ticket item buying on registries? I can understand buying maybe bath towels and stuff but $300 wedding presents, ya'll either are rolling in dough or plum stupid. I guess if you got it give it?

24. The Secretary

They gave me back some wedding registry reciepts and stuff. But again my walmart is retarded and the people that work there barely have high school educations. It doesnt suprise me that they would screw it up.