SRS friends tearing apart

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by element4all, Feb 8, 2007.

1. element4all

element4all Active Member

ok just some backround here, ok.

ok so my friends that i hang out with alot jenn, zach, and kayla. we have know each other since we were freshman. Jenn and zach have been goin out since homecoming a year ago and have just recently broken up 2 weeks ago. and zach knows that kayla and i are really really close and that i have a huge crush on her.(man that sounds pathetic)

Today out of no where zach asked kayla out and she accepted. and this for some reason made jenn go phyco on zach for doing that. Becasue jenn got used to zach being her "puppy" and following her and doing what ever jenn wanted him todo. and now jenn thinks that kayla is backstabbing her, even though jenn dumped him. and this afternoon when we were all standing around with some other people jenn comes up behind us and says hi to zach and they just glare at each other and then she walks away.

OT what should i do to try and save our freindship???:crying::dunno:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Realize that friendships come and go...and this sounds like major high school drama.

Stay out of it. Best possible advice I can give.

3. element4all

theres just one problem, we are all in the same homeroom. so we dont miss much of what goin on with each other.

and another friend of mine said i should go after jenn? yes or no.
    i liek her but dont really know her

4. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

too much drama. dont go for jenn

5. element4all

yea, i firgured thats what people would say.

6. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Step away. Judging by what you wrote, you do not state your personal feelings toward anyone (except that you had a crush on one of the girls) and you also do not state anything to indicate that you're not getting along with any of them. So from my understanding it appears by your post that you're a detached observer to a messy love triangle.

The solution: YOU stay out of it and let the other 3 sort out their issues. No use having a 4th person getting their hands dirty as well. If they can't resolve this in a mature manner, then perhaps its time to move on and find less drama-prone people.

You can step back and learn two lessons:

1. Never get romantically involved with anyone in a tight circle of friends, it will only reap drama, broken hearts, and destroyed friendships. I'm sure there are a few exceptions out there, but generally this is what I have seen happen when people within a group become more then just friends.

2. Never reveal your crushes to anyone, ever. I don't know why, but for some reason this seems to bring out the worst in friends (or anyone who catches wind of your interest) who decide to see this as a challenge to win the person you want, even if they didn't necessarily like that person before.

I had such a "friend" in college. If she knew I or any of our other friends liked a certain guy, she would jump on the info and somehow get him to go out with her. Ok, now this is bad, but we're all young and stupid at some point right? One time we were hanging out and I told her I liked this one guy "Allen" from one of our classes, but I really didn't. I just said it to see if she'd jump on this one too...and she did. Next thing I know they show up to class within a few days together, her hanging all over him like a vulture on a fresh kill. So from that point I kept my mouth shut.

On a funny sidenote and a bit off the original topic...one night while out and about with friends, I was chatting with a guy who had recently started hanging out with us (who later ended up being my husband :naughty: ) Alot of girls would flirt with him but he mostly blew them off, he's not really the type that likes women who put on a show. It was just him and me chatting alone, or so we thought. She came from around the corner and literally wrapped her arms around him and did the whole one leg up on his leg thing and said "how's my hunny bunny doing?" or some crap like that and looked over at me with that stupid "boom I got your boyfriend" glance. Next thing I know she goes flying to the ground while he's yelling "get the fuck off of me" :rofl: The look on her face was so priceless, I wish I had a memory chip in my brain that could have saved that moment forever. So on that note...when you do find the person who's right for you, they will be yours no matter who else is trying to toss a roadblock in your way :)

7. element4all

well its been a day and its gotton worse. and jenn is flirting with me. but im thinking just to get zach jealous.

8. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

:rofl: Very nice.

To the OP:
    If I were you, I would step back from that drama. Been there, had similar stuff happening. It's just easier to stay out of it than get dragged into the center of it all. It sounds like Jenn is trying to make her ex jealous now that she sees him with someone else in your group - she'd like to see what he does. This'll only make you look worse to him if you start reciprocating (and then if she really doesn't mean anything by it except to make him jealous, and you think she does, it could further ruin the friendships).

9. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

Like everyone else said, stay out of it. And Jenn is just flirting with you to make her ex jealous, whether you want to believe it or not that's all she is doing. I've seen it done countless times.