SRS friends holding me back.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hypno toad, Apr 23, 2007.

?

Have you felt that your friends have held you back?

1. No. I have never felt that way.

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Yes. I have felt that at least once.

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Yes. I have felt this more than once.

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. Hypno toad

Hypno toad Guest

Has anyone feel that his/her friends or group of friends has held you back from doing some thing better.Ok, here is my sob story. after coming back from nerd stock 2k7 (First robotics nat'ls) I came back with confidence and a feeling of that i can do any thing that i try. I put went came back to my usual clique, i felt that my friends didn't care and they don't aspire for anything great just stuck in the same old rut. I felt they were holding me back. all they do is play tennis and hang out at the same old places. nothing new comes up and when i wanna start a new topic of conversation i feel as if that i sometimes ignored. Now i felt liberated at "Nerd Stock". in this clique is a girl i that i liked and my two close well former close friends. my two former close friends and i are in juniors and then the others are sophomores and one freshman. i feel as if that don't wanna do much and are immature (then is a history this, i original hung out with the underclassmen because no one in my grade did anything or i didn't wanna chill with them because of the type of people they were. aka "bad crowd" ).
    I no longer hangout with them because i feel that they are holding me back because out the fact that they do nothing. i feel free now but i have not one group of friends i have no hang out, i just chill with another close friend of mine. i feel as a bit guilty and little alone because i feel i am abandon my friends but at the same time i feel a bit awkward in that group. what should i do next?

2. johan

johan Active Member

Widen your circle of friends.

3. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

^exactly
    maybe not leave them entirely behind but yes widen the circle of friends

4. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Good idea. Also, get a goddamn hobby. Life is not like its portratyed in the movies my friend - its mostly routine boring shit, so its time to get used to it. It may seem to you that your friends are doing nothing, but in reality, what do you think you COULD be doing?

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I know what you want is for your friends to jump into all the new stuff you want to try with you but you are going to have to take that leap by your self.

6. Hypno toad

Hypno toad Guest

yea you kinda got it.not all of it but yea that is one of the problems.:eek3:

7. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Lately I decided that if i wanted to do something, I'm going to do it, with or without friends with me. Like visiting places and attending events. Whenever I try to invite ppl and wait for their response, it's usually last minute and I end up not going myself. I was sick of it, so I started making things happen for me. Going to places and trying new things, with or without ppl with me. It'd be nice if I had company of course...but it's worse knowing that I missed out on something because i was too scared to do it alone :hs:

8. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

Option 2 and 3 are really the same. But yea, I'd bet that most people have felt this way one time or another. No matter how cool or good your friends are sometimes they demotivate you.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Half my friends are college drop outs or they just bs and take 1 class at a time.

10. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

I have but it tends to be a trend. No one wants to do anything but get drunk. I'm so tempted to just pack my shit and move the fuck out of here and start all over!