Friends? Ahhh Man WTF?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jsin26, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Jsin26

Jsin26 New Member

I was talking to a friend of mine today and she was telling me that she was out with this guy the other night, and at the end of the night he told her that he was happy to be on a date. Then she tells me that she thought she was just out with a friend. I said well he did ask you out, you said yes, and he paid for everything. Sounds like a date to me.. right? The deal is this isn't the first time I have heard stories like this. So how is a guy to know if he's on a date or out with a friend?

2. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

We'll I wouldn't call that dating as in GF/BF, but a "date" it is. If you look up the word date it means a shit load of stuff. He would have to make his intentions clear from the get go of what he is looking after or of course she is going to see it as a friendly thing he did. I mean shit this non relationship already has communication problems, fucking bunk this in fail already.

3. Jsin26

Jsin26 New Member

lol.. I wouldn't call this a relationship if I would call it anything at all. I avoid this situation by calling it a date, so if she has a problem with that word she can say something up front and not waste my time or hers. I just feel for these guys.

4. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

If both people don't know it's a date then it isn't a date.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Wait....what?

If I ask out a woman and pay for everything....it's a fucking date. If she doesn't agree....well she'll realize it when I drop her off. :coolugh:

6. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

That's not a date, that's you asking someone to hang out and then paying for everything. Dates aren't one-sided.

7. Coottie

Sure it is but the whole definition of a "date" is obviously subjective.

My mom has said that we have a date when we've gone out to dinner. Yet it's not a romantic date.

Dates don't have to be romantic to be considered a date.

8. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

I seem to recall this similar thread topic not too long ago:mamoru:

9. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

pretty much bob.... but yea its only a date if she knows its a date. if you dont make a move fast enough, you become a friend and not a sexual threat or a potential sexual mate.

10. Jsin26

Jsin26 New Member

True, but you have known your mom forever, and you know what she has in mind. Now if a guy that you have only known for a few months calls you up and says hey I want to take you out... that's a date with romantic intentions! I mean come on don't be naive about it.

11. Coottie

I'm not being naive about anything. You should reread that post of mine that you quoted....reread the part I quoted also. Put it in context.

I'm not even sure what you're arguing...clarify your point.

12. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

You know you're going on a date when there is flirtation/teasing/chemistry and lead up to the 'date'. If you simply ask a woman out who perhaps you have 'always been' friends with or maybe don't know at all and have never built any sexual tension/romantic rapport with; then you an assume it is a FRIENDLY outing......

Most women are generally entirely unaware of custom, they are spoiled rotten and think money grows on trees.

How do you know it's a date? Well, MAKE SURE it's known.....

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sad how many women use guys for a fucking lunch.

14. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

:werd:

15. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Stories like these are why I insist on casual dates that don't involve a lot of money...that way it's no problem for each to pay for their own snack, drink, whatever.

I bet on some level this girl knew the guy wanted it to be a date. She just knew him as a longtime friend and conveniently forgot to realize it was a date. And she got a free meal/time out of it.

Edit: I know I may get flamed for this, but I absolutely detest the idea of one person paying for the first date. Come on, you're just there to meet/get to know the person, it really shouldn't be a big money event, and who the hell wants to be with a girl who is too poor or stuck up to be able to pay for a snack or cup of coffee?

I'm not saying she did it deliberately to use the guy but she saw the situation for what she wanted it to be.

16. Jsin26

Jsin26 New Member

Your right I did misunderstand you sorry about that.. I am just saying I really dont see how this could be such a misunderstanding and when it is, it seems to be such a suprise! If you know a guy for just a little while and he ask to take you out, more then likely it's not just as a friend. I have made this mistake myself, but I have only done it once!

17. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

How do you know?

You kiss her, you flirt with her, you touch her...If you just go and hang with her, she's going to see you as a friend.

But if you make it very obvious that you are romantically interested in her, then she'll know.

18. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Girls don't think like that.

You have to understand that girls have guys around them and hitting on them CONSTANTLY. They always have guys wanting to take them out. Many of them will never get that far with her.

What separates the ones that DO get to go out with her, are the ways they interact with her.

19. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Some girls will pretend that guys buy them lunch because they are just good friends.

20. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

She likely decided mid-date that it was not a date :mamoru:

21. Coottie

The thing is, I don't feel used most of the time because I don't hang out with people like that. I make good money and have my finances structured in such a way as to be able to live very comfortably on what I earn and have lots left over.

I buy people meals all the time....guys and girls. If I get to spend time with cool people, laughing and hanging out, I often don't have a problem picking up the check. If I get the sense that they are there to simply get a free meal, they don't ever get invited again....or I don't ever pay again.

There was this one chick that heard that I made a lot of money when we sold the company I worked for. I hadn't heard from her in years and out of the blue, she calls and wants to hang out. I just laughed and didn't go. I haven't heard from her since and that was years ago.

22. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have money too and I make it a policy not to buy anyone anything but really good friends of mine and even then they usually end up turning around and buying me lunch in place.

23. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

Still waiting for that "how to tell if a girl is interested in you" followup thread :mamoru: