Friend Zone...Yet Again, v. Getting Out

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by epiphonist, Feb 18, 2008.

1. epiphonist

epiphonist New Member

Well I'd first like to apologize for what I'm sure is a dead horse of a topic, but I needed to ask anyway.

I've known this girl for a few years and we've been pretty good friends. I've asked her to dinner or movies in the past, but she's always held firm that she doesn't think of me as anything more than a friend. The fact that I can't accept that gives me the feeling that I just shouldn't accept that. I'm there for her when she goes through rough relationships and I've given her advice on more than one occasion. She always comes around to listening to me and being thankful that she did. Sometimes I think she's flirting with me, but I can't tell if it means anything or if she is just being herself with a good friend. For instance, at her house the other night my phone fell out of my pocket and she took it and placed it down the back of her sweat pants, knowing full well that I would be happy to retrieve it, and she only playfully resisted, giggling the whole time. Later on as we were watching a movie, she laid back, put her head on my arms, and watched the remainder of the movie like that. She also asks me personal questions about her appearance and I compliment her frequently.

Am I kidding myself or is she actually flirting? Should I give up and admit that I'm bound to be stuck in the "friend zone" with this girl? Please help.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

This is for all the men out there who wonder why their girl "friend" flirts with them, even when they've said they think of you as just a friend:

WE LIKE THE ATTENTION!!!!!!!! Get it through your head. She doesn't think you are a hideous beast. She likes you very much as a person but just knows you two will never fit as a couple, as much as you want to believe you will.

3. epiphonist

epiphonist New Member

That's kind of what I thought it was, but it's kind of a constant thing. I figured she would be dating someone if she wanted that kind of attention all the time.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

Here's what you do. The next time she starts being ultra flirty with you....kiss her. If she flips out and tells you you are just a friend to her than you point out it's fucking confusing when she practically throws herself on you. At that point your friendship will probably be different from then on, but at least you fucking tried something! If she goes along with the kiss then obviously she has changed her mind on her views of you.

5. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

THANKS BEER.

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

7. iwishyouwerebeer

WELCOME!

8. epiphonist

epiphonist New Member

+1. as simple as your solution is, it will give me the closure i need.

edit: that just made it sound like I'm asking about a dead relative...

9. iwishyouwerebeer

Exactly. Normally I would've gone straight into how you need to cut her out of your life because you're just a friend to her and how you can't have a friendship with her without thinking of wanting more...but then I thought, fuck it? If she's being flirty take advantage of it at least one more time. If she burns you you can point out that she's being a cock tease and then can finally move on. If she accepts your advances then you've at least got a better chance.