SRS Friend won't return my calls

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Riconosuave, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Why is it that we always take things for granted? I met this girl 6 years ago while overseas. Came to be good friends, and although we live in different states, we've managed to keep in touch over the years. She's always been a good friend to me, but I can't say the same for me. I can think of 4 occasions where we've planned trips, and each time I've cancelled (a few times it was sort of a last second cancellation). I don't know what I was thinking at the time, but I now realize that's a messed up thing to do. I guess she finally got fed up, because she hasn't returned any of my calls recently. I can't blame her. She's been a good friend, and I've done nothing but cause her pain. I realize what a dick I've been in the past, and I'm trying to be a better person these days. How can I save this friendship?

2. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

Tell her what you told us.

3. sassy2424

sassy2424 New Member

:werd: only then will she know that you really care. by ditching out on her so many times she probably just assumes that you didn't want to be around..

4. johan

johan Active Member

pretty much

5. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

unless you are trying to tell her but she wont' answer/ listen with care to your messages. in which case I can relate, as I'm in the same psychotic situation and I can't seem to deal with waiting.

6. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Yeah, I would have to say that telling her this would be the best thing to do. Give her some time to cool off. Then call after a few weeks and she will probably answer to talk to you about your relationship.

7. Potato2

Potato2 Money and the power

I'd leave a voicemail and ask her to call you back so you can talk about your problems. Apologize and ask for her to call you. Then apologize again and tell her what you told us when she calls.