SRS Friend with girl problems...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by machazure, Jan 18, 2005.

1. machazure

machazure New Member

Wasn't sure where to post this...

My best friend was dumped by his girlfriend about a month ago. They had been together for about two months. He talked about her all the time and from what I gathered liked her A LOT. She apparently liked him a good bit too but was less mature and not really ready for a relatonship it seemed.

Anyways, she told him she was breaking up with him because 1) he was jealous when she would talk about other guys and guys would call her 2)he was stubborn and always had to have his way. But, her best friend informed my friend she broke it off because of family issues (mom and dad divorce), school, etc...

So, he doesnt really know what happened and this seems to bother him because there wasn't full closure. He gets pissed off a lot at little things now... and he seems kind of depressed like she was THE ONE for him.

When we go out together, he never seems to be really interested in meeting new girls because his mind is still on his old gf.

What could I do to help him out? Would it be best to just let time take its course... but I mean its been a while and he is still very upset about it.

2. tigerlily

tigerlily Spoiled brat.

He shouldnt dwell on the past. It may be hard, but if it was meant to be, she wouldnt have hurt him like that. Yes it will probably take time for him to move on, but you can always be there for him and even if you dont come out and say it, he will know he has you there if he needs someone to talk to. Assuming you and your friend are under 50, he has his whole life to find someone. He should concentrate on life and friends and family and let relationships fall into place on their own. :)

3. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

this problem is outside you area of control ...

no discussion or help needed ...

not unless you want to bring your friend on here looking for help, no one here can help ...

and the only thing he can do anyway is move on ...

4. PoultryMagic

PoultryMagic If I can't be my own...I'd feel better dead.

he'll be like this for a while. you need to talk these things out with him and make him see it's actually for the best. for example, if he was jealous about her talking to guys, was she the same way if he talked to girls? point out things like how relationships should make a man feel better than if he were alone, not to be stifled with rules and conditions of love. those things come from the heart, not from the girlfriend.

get him out and having fun with the guys...he'll need to get his mind off this girl and remember what it's like to be a carefree guy with a life to live.