SRS friend wanted me to post questions about suboxone

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Jul 1, 2009.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

He takes an average of 20mg of hydro codone a day. Is his problem serious enough for suboxone? He wants to cut back not quit

Can you get suboxone anonymously?

Can your company find out if you get it through insurance?

Will your future doctors stop you from getting pain killers for serious things such as surgery's.

2. JamesL

JamesL wat

Please read this post that I made in another thread. 20mg of hydrocodone a day is not nearly large enough habit to consider Suboxone. Your "friend" would get shit faced high off the Suboxone with basically no tolerance to opioids.

I really cannot stress this enough. The withdrawals from a 20mg/day hydrocodone habit will feel like a mild flu. And they will last for maybe 2, 3 days tops. Please just tough it out.

3. JamesL

JamesL wat

Also... what does "he wants to cut back, not quit" mean? How much more can you cut back from 20mg/day?

Suboxone's binding affinity is so high that you will not be able to "get high" off of other opiates while you are taking it. You cannot just take it because you don't want to face withdrawals, and then take your DOC whenever you please. Everything has to be planned out and premeditated. You need to take 1-2 days off of the Sub, plan when you are going to use, etc. It is really quit a drawn out process. And nevermind the fact that 20mg of hydrocodone will not get you high after youve developed a tolerance to the Suboxone.

I would definitely recommend quitting while you are ahead. I don't want to come off as rude or inconsiderate, but 20mg/day is not considered a "habit" for the most part. Quitting will be a cakewalk, from the physical standpoint. You will still have to deal with the cravings... but trust me, it only gets worse from here. When you are at a point where you need to inhale 160mg of oxycodone or IV a half gram of heroin to get you off, that is when you turn to Suboxone.

4. mizugsy

mizugsy hi!

I cannot agree more with JamesL. Honestly, depending on how long he's been taking 20mg of hydrocodone a day, he may not really face much of a withdrawal at all. at one point I took 40-50mg of hydrocodone a day for some time, and was able to stop cold turkey without really much discomfort at all. Suboxone would actually get me high even with that tolerance.

Stronger opiates come with much greater consequences, and I really could not stress enough saying suboxone would be a terrible idea for someone with that low of a "habit". I highly doubt you'd be able to get any doctor to prescribe suboxone for that low of a daily dose.