SRS "friend" troubles...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jimbo, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

I have this "friend" I have known since I was a kid. We were never really close or anything, but knew each other pretty well. We kind grew up together I guess. He was always picked on as a kid, and I remember always feeling sorry for him.

Anyways, he moved up the ladder quite a ways recently (I give him that) and now thinks he's king of the world. He will call me up and just start blabbering about how many myspace girls he's met, or that one chick at the office who keeps staring at him, or how much money he made last month. Its hard to get a word in when you talk to this guy. He's kind of a "fast talker" as Jerry once put it. I just reply "yeah, cool. Awesome. Uh-huh. Yep". If I try to bring up something other than sex, money or cars, or wrestling, I get some snide-ass (sometimes insulting) remark from him. eventually I just say I have to go. This is a guy who also criticizes your every move . He's always gotta get his .2 cents in. I remember him and I took a trip to a friends house a few years back. He walks in, sees a cd collection and decides to inspect. He goes through maybe half of the 100 or so cds and decides to do a verbal essay on how each one of them sucks. I just cant be myself around him. Impossible. Anyone else though..... no probem.

Him and I have absolutely nothing in common these days. Infact, I think him and I are pretty close to being exact opposites. To tell you the truth, I really dont know why he continues to bother me. If I dont pick up the phone, he will sometimes come over and start a rambling session in person. Ugh.
    It just gets incredibly annoying. He knows he's an annoying prick, too. Many people have told him. He doesnt care though. I've told him what an ass he is a few times, but he still continues his shit.

What should I do? I try to ignore him as best I can, but I always end up running into him. Aint got the balls to tell him to fuck off.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2006
  2. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

Yeah, I wouldnt put up with it. Someone needs to put him in his place.

3. AO

AO New Member

Unfortunately, it sounds like he won't learn until he has had a few teeth kicked in. It's a pity.

4. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

You sound like you have boundry issues and so does he. Why are you opening the door for him when he comes over? Next time tell him to his face you don't like the way he acts and don't want to hang out with him anymore, then shut the door. He should get the message. If he doesn't file a restraining order or beat him down.

5. teo

teo . => ? => !

I've seen this happen to people I know. If he's not aware that he's turned into an arrogant prick, try to enlighten him because he might not know - seriously. If he chooses not to change after a few attempts by you, choose not to pick up the phone when he calls and choose not to answer the door when he drops by. You're not obligated to try to remain friends, and you really shouldn't if he's not interested in holding up his end of the friendship.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Cut off all ties with him, where he is you are not. If you continuesly reject him, he'll eventually get the picture.

7. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Well.. you gotta forget the guy obviously. But to me it seems like he could be like that because when he started "moving up" it was a new thing from being picked on to finally being accepted. Guess it got to his head. You could try telling him why you think he's annoying, maybe he'll change. But it's not good to change people to be accomadated into your life.