Friend time v. Me time

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nuk3, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Nuk3

Nuk3 New Member

Alright so, the current girlfriend's friends and I dont get along, however i am willing to accept that they are her friends so I'm nice to them, however currently I feel as if her friends are persuading her to leave me, recent fights, more outings, etc. Is it just me and I'm paranoid and freaking out over nothing?

Whats you're experience with this sort of situation?

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Her is a prime example where the relationship could feasibly turn into WORK.

The question I have is:

Why would they persuade her to leave you? Why wouldn't they like you?

3. Nuk3

Nuk3 New Member

They don't like what I believe in. Real immature shit at that. The only reason I could see them persuading her to leave me is this: They would like to see her with someone else. I really can't see into their minds though, I'm a nice person, not a blatant dick to them so idk :sigh:

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

What do you believe in that they don't like?

5. Nuk3

Nuk3 New Member

Well, i used to go to parties and stuff drink,smoke etc. Recently I've tried sobering up because i felt that was what i should do. No one told me to, just me. Them, on the other hand, are borderline alcoholics/full time potheads, my girlfriend doesn't particularly enjoy either of them, and i would assume that they think its me that is keeping my girlfriend from going out and partying with them

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Do you argue with them/fight with them or something?

You say you "don't get along"...what do you mean specifically about that?

7. Nuk3

Nuk3 New Member

no fighting, just like sensible debates on certain things, typical stoners. "weed isnt bad for you" just simple shit

8. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Any girl that places her morals, values, or decisions in the hands of others is a girl that I wouldn't want to be with anyway.

9. piper

piper New Member

it's probably nothing.

10. Nuk3

Nuk3 New Member

tis the conclusion i came to.. although she is an amazing girl and i really feel a great connection with her :sigh:

11. Eggnog

Eggnog New Member

I know Nuk3 in RL, and his GFs friends and he are civil and friendly with each other, just disagree on certain issues, and they try to be controlling of his girlfriend and separate them more and more, making her do things neither of them want.

12. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Well maybe she needs to learn how to put her foot down and stand up for herself.

It's so unattractive hearing shit like "Oh they made me but I didn't want to..." That says a lot about character and if you're finding this shit out in the beginning then she did you a favor broski.

13. Nuk3

Nuk3 New Member

6 months tomarrow.. :(

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

pretty much. If she's not mature enough to make her own decisions AND STAND BY THEM, then she's not at the same level as you in maturity and growth.

And if your gf doesn't enjoy doing what her friends like to do, why the hell does she hang out with them?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  15. Nuk3

Nuk3 New Member

Well i spoke directly to the friend of hers just moments ago and worked things out with her, thanks for all the help vag. Especially Viper :bowdown:

16. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Just avoid topics that are going to lead to 'debate'
    There is nothing more irritating than people who feel the need to bring that shit up, its none of your business, and your not changing any minds.

17. Nuk3

Nuk3 New Member

if anything i would rather avoid confrontations with the friends because one way or the other it makes me look like a dick.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

People may fight me on this, but I don't care because I've seen a hundred relationships break up due to both or even just one of the SO's friends hating the bf/gf. Being able to get along or accept and be liked by your SO's friends is a HUGE deal. If they don't like you they almost always will voice their opinions and try to convince them to dump you (which is what you're worried about).

So what can you do?

Honestly not much other than really try to get on their good side, not give a shit, or break up.