friend thinks it will be weird.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by epracmetcon, Aug 1, 2007.

1. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

So I need a little advice, got a friend who seemed to be interested in me. I have really been thinking about this girl a lot and also hanging out lately so I decided to ask her best friend if she was truly interested. she says yea she is interested and really likes me but says she is not ready for a relationship because she doesn't want to loose me as a friend if things weren't to work out. Now I haven't said a thing to her but she knows I'm interested in her too even though I have not made a move. Should I just say fuck it and make a move or just talk to her about it and give her a little time to think about it?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

What do you want? That is the real question you should be asking. Do you want some kind of serious relationship with this girl? Or just like her and hope to have a sexual relationship?

3. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

If things just decide to happen, let it happens and see where it goes from there. Maybe your skills might change her decision :)

4. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

I really want a serious relationship with the girl. I started hanging out with her because I thought she was fun to be with and never came off as the girl I just wanted to get with or I would have made that a goal before hanging out with her.

5. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

Man, you're in the same situation as me.

I've been hangin out with this one girl for going on 2 months now, almost every single day. We can talk about anything, we joke back and forth. We haven't fought once. We are truely close. She hangs off me, I can put my arm around her ect ect.

Problem is, i respect the friendship so much that I'm afraid to make the move to something more than it. Cause the way I look at it right now, is that if nothing happens, I could probably have a great friend for the rest of my life, or a relationship that lasts a few months and everything is lost and forgotten. Not to mention my last relationship was such a shitty one, where I was treated like such crap that I might even be scared to make a move cause it might turn into the same thing. Who knows.

Sure you can tell me to grow a set of balls, but its just different or weird.

Yes, I do want something between me and her, and I believe she does to, all the call signs are there, she's just waiting for me to make the move I think.

Ugh, aren't women just fuckin confusing all over. jeez.

6. inyoeye

inyoeye huh?

if its a serious relationship you want, take it to the next level

7. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

The thing is, she told her best friend that she is not ready for a relationship for fear it would be weird or I would not wanna talk to her again if things didn't work out. I kinda fear the same thing, but I feel that we are too good of friends to let that happen and I'm willing to take the risk.

8. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

more you think, the more you stumble on yourself. If things move toward that, take it and run, if it isnt elading that way, pushing wont help

9. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

how old are you? as an 03 im guessing really to old to be acting like this.

whatever you do do NOT NOT NOT NOT "talk to her about and give her time to think" that is not an option unless your goal is to look like a giant chump.

your options: kiss her or regret it for years.

choose wisely.

10. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Thanks for making me realize I was talking out of my ass as I was making this thread. I'll make updates to this thread as they come.

11. dijital

dijital New Member

A lot of relationships begin when people aren't necessarily ready for it, but it just happens. I'd say give it a shot and tell her that you want more from it. I'd rather know up front, if I'm interested in someone that to let it play out and become friendzoned.

12. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I didn't bother reading anything but the OP, but in my experience if someone really wants to be with you, they will. If they don't want to be with you, they will find an excuse.

13. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Well, I am gunna go for it eitherway and find out if the excuse she is giving her friend was true.

14. foad

foad New Member

Like it's been said before. Do it for you and her, if you truly find out that you care about her go for it, but respect her feelings as well. You sound like a guy that is caring and wants to do what you think is right for both of you, so share your feelings with her and :x: for the best :)

:eek3:

15. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

you don't even need to start with kissing her though, it's better to just step up the flirting for awhile to get her a little more used to the idea. Take it slow and when you've been flirting for awhile then just make a move.

16. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Thats the thing, we flirt pretty hardcore as it is, thats why I asked her friend if she was truly interested.

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

why on god's green earth would you ask other people to find out if she is interested? This isn't junior high...you ASK HER OUT. If she is interested, she will say yes, if she isn't, she will say no.

18. Raggity Man

Raggity Man Lets share the milk of human kindness

im in the same situation, but im making the move. if your good friends and it doesnt work out theres no reason you still cant be friends after. you just cant date.

19. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

Well, lastnight I grew a set, kissed her, and she kissed me back. So it was coming eventually im sure.

We still havent' talked about the future, but I think i'll just go with the natural flow.

20. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Good to hear man, hopefully I will be updating this thread soon with goodnews for myself after this evening!

21. foad

foad New Member

Woot... very nice!

22. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:h5: Good job, you did it the right way. Never ever ask someone you've been friends with for awhile to go on a date, that would be the weirdest thing ever.

23. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

go with the flow. you escalate physically and leave the other stuff to her.

I mean if you have a need to have a relationship talk, by all means, but don't bring it up because you think you should or something.

24. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

yeah that's the plan. Thing is, because we've been super close, my friends have been bugging her to start seeing me. I'm just sitting back letting things happen as they happen. My friends love her, they all get along well. And they just want to see me happy. Which I'm thankfull for, but I've told them more than once to stop pushing her and if it happens it happens, and if it doesn't it doesn't. Simple as that. That's my new approach to this girl. If it a relationship a year ago it would be a completely different way of thinking altogether. Ya know?

epracmetcon good luck man, its not as hard as one would think. And it was just kind of just the right moment as we both leaned over and it happened *shrugs* I feel like i'm in grade 9 again. Yet I'm 24. LOL.. jeez.

25. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Its just weird because I have never felt this way about a friend so close before. Not to mention I know she is not over an ex, but I know she is into me...