Friend/possible future relationship conflict. HELP!! :-(

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SirLumina, Apr 2, 2005.

1. SirLumina

SirLumina New Member

Well, about a week ago my best friend from Miami came up to UF to straighten some stuff up about his admission status so that he gets in okay. In addition to coming up here, he wanted to meet up with his friend from church that he kinda knew 3 years ago. He'd been chatting on AIM with her for a while and whatnot and when he came up here he really wanted to see her.

Anyway he meets up with her during the day and tells me how hot she is, and amazing and funny, etc. The whole package. Well that night I got done taking a test and I played pool with them, and she was just as good as he described her. I was really amazed by her. Anyway, we seemed to click and everything went well, but then that night after she left my house after we watched Donnie Darko, my friend told me that he had a crush on her, hardcore.

Well, anyway, we take a trip to Orlando to visit friends and she comes along too as I recommended that he invite her. Well before the trip he's acting weird and he told me that she has other "emotional commitments." So I was like :wtf: does that mean, and why can't we still have fun? Regardless, he's quiet the whole ride over and makes it kinda awkward, although she and I talked a bit.

So we get to the party and he immediately goes upstairs with her and hangs out with her all night and gets drunk and tells her that he loves her and has a crush on her and can't eat or sleep knowing that he doesn't have her, etc. And he cries. Meanwhile, I'm downstairs getting wasted, wondering where my buddy is.

The next morning I leave back to UF with just her, as my other friend took the guy with the crush back to Miami. She told me how awkward he made her feel and all this other stuff, and we have an awesome conversation coming home. We really hit it off. Being a good friend, I even tried to explain to her that he was just drunk and he didn't mean everything he said and that she should give him another chance. Anyway, later that night she calls me telling me that he's sober and still saying the same stuff. :doh:

Well we continue to talk, and then she called me another night and we just BSed for like 2 hours on the phone, and then another night she invited me out to see Motorcycle Diaries at the campus theater after I got off work, so I went. Then last night she came over to watch a movie and we watched The Grudge, which was scary so she was all over me and it was obvious. We like each other. :hs:

So she stayed over for the night and now I face the dilema of how to break it to my friend without him overreacting. I mean he never dated this girl and she never showed interest in him like that so I don't see how it's fair that he can claim her just because he saw her maybe 3 hours before I did and because he knew her from before. I mean we clicked and he didn't, what else is there to know?

So anyway, am I a real dick for pursuing this girl or what? I'm sure this has been answered before but I just wanted to put all this down to vent some frustration.

Cliffs: Friend shows me girl he has crush on but they don't click, we do click so now we're basically going out pending the possible damage this could do to my friendship with my buddy. :hsd:

2. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

It's gonna hurt him, but if she wants you and not him, it's not your fault bro :hug:

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

bro's before hoes...

4. evolution

evolution New Member

:werd: sadly, unless your buddy can get over her

5. SirLumina

SirLumina New Member

Yeah I talked with him about it and he said he's upset but that he never had her so he can't really stop what happened between us. I don't want to tell him this but basically she either goes out with me or neither of us, because he really freaked her out.

6. SirLumina

SirLumina New Member

:hs:

I agree and I've backed him up on this before in another situation involving a friend and his ex. But if I back off then it's kinda hoes before bros because that would mean he's okay with neither us us being happy.

7. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Eh, I dunno. I started dating my best friends Ex, and we arnt best friends anymore. He was a dick anywho, but all the same. It can cause problems. I would do it all over again given the chance though.

8. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Hmmm... couldn't this apply to his friend as well?
    I mean his friend should let him 'have her' so to speak since he doesn't have a shot anyways.

I think his friend shouldn't stand in the way.

9. SirLumina

SirLumina New Member

Yeah this is pretty much what I'm going with now.

It's cool though, I talked to him and he's upset but he said it'll take some time but he'll get over it. He's mainly upset because I beat him out, as he put it. :hs: I'm trying to tell him that his approach was all wrong but he won't have any of it.