SRS Friend needs help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Timdog, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Hello, I am currently talking to one of my longest lasting friends over AIM. He is getting very suicidal.

Here's a bit of background: He has kidney stones so he almost has to constantly take pain meds, the girl that he believes is "the one" doesn't care about him anymore, he likes playing the guitar.

The girl is the biggest problem. He says he just doesn't see the point. I think his pain meds are causing some problems. He doesn't think anyone would care except for me. I've told him to try and look for other girls, but he says that this girl is just the one. I've tried asking him to seek profesional help, but he says that he doesn't want any of their help, they'll just put him on meds and tell him to not get so upset.

I need some serious help here and fast. This guy has been a friend for around 6 years now and I'd hate to lose him. :sadwavey:

2. johan

johan Active Member

so why can't they do something for his kidney stones, instead of just doping him up on pain meds?
    I assume he's on treatment for them? Ultrasound? Diet modification?

Anyways, although we sympathise with the pain he must be in, frankly it doesn't change the fact that his approach to this girl is faulty.

If you're afraid of "losing" him, well, this girl issue is really secondary. You need to get him evaluated by a therapist for his depression and suicidal tendencies.

If you are REALLY concerned, like he's gonna pop this evening, you should call 911.

If it's serious but not immediately life threatening, I suggest you call the suicide helpline in your city and go over this with them. They can help.

3. Timdog

Timdog New Member

I don't know if there is anything that can be done for his kidney stones. Supposedly he was going to be getting surgery soon to help with them, but I'm not sure exactly what is happening.

The wierd thing is, he is fine now. He just suddenly started being ok and we talked for like another hour about other things. I guess the best thing is to stay on the lookout for any more suicidal talk. :hsd: