SRS friend is suicidal

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pepe, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Pepe

Pepe New Member

anyways, one of my best friends has been making references to suicide lately. he asked me the other day if i wanted his playstation 3 (i don't even play video games and he knows this) and today/tonight we went out and he got pretty drunk and really started flipping out. he told us he was going to the bathroom and left, drove home shit faced and got pretty angry with us over text messages (he wouldn't answer the phone). here is some backstory to this (gonna try to keep it as short as possible).

he is honestly a great guy, he is just really fucking dumb (like IQ level nearly certified retarded dumb). all of our good group of friends from high school went off to good colleges (michigan, air force, west point, brown, harvard, columbia, penn state, etc) and he did nothing. his dad owns a gas station and is quite profitable, but he works there for his dad and hates it. his dad hooks him up quite well (good pay, a nice condo, free gas, car, insurance) but they are always fighting over something stupid. well to make a long story short, he started dating this STUPID BITCH about 2 years ago and he got her pregnant last january (never used a condom or the pill) and they had the little girl on october 24th. throughout the pregnancy things got progressively worse between them and now all they do is fight. it has gotten to the point where tonight he kicked her out of his place and told her to live with her mom (the baby too) and i wasn't aware of this until he told me while drunk at the bar. i tried talking to him about it but he it is like communicating with a 12 year old while drunk.

so, he is now talking about and making references towards suicide because of all of this, he won't talk about it, all he will do is respond to me with aggressive text messages about how he doesn't want to talk and "just wants it all to end". normally i would think that this is just a cry for help as most people do when they want attention, but two things scare the fuck out of me with this situation.

1. he is offering his shit away
    2. he is stupid enough to somehow justify killing himself over something like this

we went over to his place after he left tonight but he wouldn't open the door, told us he was fine but didn't want to talk. nothing else we could really do as we tried for over 40 min to reason with him, but got nowhere. i am pretty sure i am going to either go over to his parents house tomorrow or call them up and tell them all of this because working with him is getting nowhere. i just don't want to do this because his dad is a devout lebanese muslim and literally WILL kick the shit out of him, fire him, and not talk to him for a long long time if he gets wind of what is going on, and i don't want to overreact if this is just a cry for help, because i'm sure i can help him along with our other friends and families. but at the same time, i've never been this scared or close to a situation where i thought something might legitimately happen. like i said he is downright ignorant, and i could see him somehow justifying this to get back at her or something.

thanks if you read, i'm really quite sure i'm going to talk to his parents, because i could never forgive myself if something happened, but if anyone has been in a situation like this before please post up any ideas or actions that may have helped that out for you or someone you know. thanks

2. Pepe

Pepe New Member

i forgot to mention a couple things.

if i go to his parents, it will probably mean our friendship will be over due to how his parents will react. i can live with that if this is serious, i just don't want to jump the gun on some cry for help when there are other ways around it.

i have talked to him about going to see a couples counselor and he absolutely will not do it. he has told me numerous times that he would "rather pay child support for the rest of his life than see a shrink" and on top of that he doesn't even have health care.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oh dear, this guy just sounds like a friend of a friend of mine. The problem he is having that he is an idiot without even realising it. I adviced my friend not to hang around with that guy ,because he was a lost case, my friend however kept sticking with him and kept giving him good advice ,one after another and what happend? The idiot guy screwed some dumb bitch and got her pregnant, and her idiot parents demanded her to get an abortion. In this way new idiots are born i guess.

What i mean to say is that giving good advice to a person who doesn't listen is pointless.

So here goes.

This guy needs to spend the rest of his life in the library, and in school and it will probably still not be enough. The only way you'll get this guy to do something is by blackmailing him into doing these things for his own good.

Complain to him that he is such a stubborn idiot, he should be going to a shrink, tell him that keep being stuck in a cave isn't going to get him anywhere, and that constantly saying no no no to everything won't get him anywhere in life, tell him to stop thinking that he is making such great decisions in life, tell him to finally wake up to reality , that there's more out there to life,that he is suffering from tunnelvision , and that if he finally realises that he isn't living such a great life, that he should get out of his cave and start repairing his miserable life instead of crying over it. Tell him if that he doesn't realise this all , you will stop being his friend, and that he should stop being so selfish and self centered and realise what he is doing towards all of his family and friends. And that he should go back to school to get diploma's.

Then go tell the story to his father and let him kick his ass.

This is necessary because otherwhise it will 'never' get thru into his thick skull.

This guy must completely stop with drinking, smoking and god knows what other things that bring him down, he needs to be like a garbage man who has to throw all the negative things out of his life.