SRS Friend is losing it..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by w1shbone, Aug 5, 2005.

1. w1shbone

w1shbone New Member

hi guys my friend is older and has a heavy job...hes a job at a major company and well these days whenever he goes out hes not the same hes always thinking about work like work this work that his wife says when they go out its like hes not even there...hes just thinking about work too much i was wondering if there is anything i could do to help him...his head isn't on his shoulders anymore. Thanks a lot if you could help me.

2. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

hrm... ya, it's important to have a balance with work and playtime. i've learned that recently as i'm pretty passionate about work as well. i expect a SO to be the same way... not content with the way things are, and that they're always willing to learn new things. but there is an extreme, obviously. ...it can make you become insane.

i don't know what else to say besides talk to him. let him know what you're feeling. sometimes people are oblivious to things that are right in front of their noses. i bet he doesn't even think anything's wrong.

in addition, that kind of stress isn't good. it can cause health problems. :(

be upfront and express your feelings. if anything, let him know you're there to talk...about anything.

3. w1shbone

w1shbone New Member

ok thanks a lot and yeah its true that he doesnt really know anything is happening

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

He is in a vicious cycle. Do you work to live or do you live to work? That's something you gotta say into his face, he's clearly been working too much, and its killing him. I would ask him to leave that job and do something less harder, and with more time to enjoy life, at the loss of income. The rule is Family First.

5. w1shbone

w1shbone New Member

thats true but i know he wouldnt quit that job

6. zysus

zysus New Member

take up drinking heavily? j/k. Seriously, its important to leave work at work. Don't WFH or anything. I know work pressures are insane these days, but I've never heard of anyone fired for asking for a little slack after busting their tail....

7. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

i'm with him.

fuck work.

lemme break it down like this: they don't care about you.

really, they don't.

In the end, all you are is a payroll number. When times get bad for the business, they just put a line through your name and that's it.

couple months severence package and "good luck" and that's it.

Take my dad's situation...

he worked for one of the largest independent san francisco brokerage houses... was making a killing in the 90s (like everyone in finance in SF was) and was bought out by Mega Financial Congolmerante (let's say their name has a long island that's in NY City in their name) and when they did they undercut his boss with some jackoff from Tampa or something, he basically cut everyone out from there, and most of my dads friends in all divisions were gone within a year.

All they did was just put a line through his name... now all things don't work out badly.. in fact it's worked out fine for my dad but nonetheless...

never get married to a company unless your job title is CEO.