GUN Friend got picked to be the captain/manger of a new pro paintball team

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MWHC22, Sep 24, 2003.

1. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

So one of my good friends is now the manager/captain of a new Pro paintball team. My friend is going to be commisioned as a 2nd LT in the Army next year. The guy financially backing the team makes some millions a year from different stuff and has been playing paintball since he was 15...the guy is now 34. So he wanted to start a product development team...and to help market it he wants to start a pro team to advertise and try out his new products.

I get to go play with them in a week and a half. The team is being outfitted with the new Tippmann A-5 w/ electronic trigger that allows for full auto usage...this gun is bad ass. They still haven't picked out who will be on the team yet...so when I go play with them it is a try out...I prolly won't get on the team at all cause I haven't played in over 4 years...but it will be a fun day anyway. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

2. Furner

Furner New Member

Paintball is badass, but it gets so much bad press, and there are too many assholes in charge of the local fields, so I got out of it.

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

it's so expensive. i like to do it to practice squad tactics, but not owning my own gun is costly when you go to rent those roughed up rental pieces of crap.

4. MWHC22

true...but when your friend is the team captain...you get paint at cost and get to use a team practice gun. :big grin:

5. sdlo

sdlo Guest

I have been in the NPPL (National Proffesional Paintball League) for 3 years now playing on various amateur, and in a few tournaments pro teams. There is no proffesional league that allows full automatics in play, let alone any real fields. I believe when you say that your friend is gonna be on a pro team, but they wont be using automatics thats for sure.

6. MWHC22

You be right you aren't allowed full auto in turneys....but you can't beat that shit anyway...it rocks to go full auto.

So I went and played with them today...it rocked...I didn't get to use an A-5 though :wtc: i still capped some people though. Even though A-5 full auto isn't legal in turneys...the gun is still nice as hell on semi auto.